2nd Trimester
Options

silly washing baby things question

I just got some clothes from a friend and bought new crib sheets. So i've washed everything and put them away/on the bed.

Do you think I need to wash them again closer to the baby's birth or is this one washing enough?

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

Re: silly washing baby things question

• Options
    One washing is enough.  I assume you used some sort of "free" detergent and not your regular kind though.  If not, I would get some of that and rewash--their skin is so sensitive at first!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'd say one is enough.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I put my baby clothing away with bounce sheets and they stay pretty fresh. Not that I wouldn't rewash them, but it's good to know they don't smell old or stale. With my babies I used a Bounce sheet that was free of scents, you could stick one or two in the dresser drawer if you want to keep things fresh! 
  • Options

Thanks guys! And yes I have 3 other kids and we use All free and clear for all of our laundry. The dryer sheet is a great idea to keep things fresh too. thanks for the tip!

• Options
    MereBMereB member
    If you already put the crib sheet on the bed, then I would re-wash the crib sheet again right before you're due.  It could get dusty from sitting there for at least 20 weeks.  That being said, I have a crib sheet on my empty crib right now, because I don't like the look of the mattress- and I plan to wash it right before my c-section.  Although I also need to move the crib out of my son's room and set up the nursery- which I'll do at some point.
  • Options
    I would rewash the bedding before the baby comes, since you still have 22 more weeks.  The sheets can get dusty and you can't see the dust.  So for the bedding yes, clothes I wouldn't worry about washing more than once.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I was given a ton of hand me down clothes and also a bassinet and a few other various cloth items this weekend. I was going to stick them all in the washer but then I thought better of it and decided to wait until we get about a month out. If I had the dresser right now I would probably go ahead and wash the clothes, but right now I don't have anywhere to put them except back in the box they came in so I didn't.

I think that one washing is enough though except for the bedding like PP have said. 

• Options

Perfect guys thanks for all the responses! I'll re-wash the crib sheets MUCH closer to my due date and leave the clothes nicely folded in the dresser!

• Options
    Once is enough...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"