Pregnant after a Loss

Birthday Gift Ideas

My niece is turning one next week and I don't know what to get her!  SIL has stockpiled clothes, so she doesn't need anything until she's 4.  I figured most people would give her toys.  I want to get her something different and memorable.  I found a monogrammed rag doll, a name puzzle, and a small jewelry box. 

Which of those do you think is appropriate for a first birthday gift?  Any other creative ideas?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"'My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,' says the Lord. 'And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.'" Isaiah 55:8-9
BFP #1 7/4/2010--Natural M/C 8/4/2010
BFP #2 4/25/2011 Please stick, baby!! EDD 1/1/2012
Forever Buddy to carrieandtim BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Birthday Gift Ideas

• Aubs13Aubs13 member
    Being a teacher, I'm a complete nerd when it comes to presents for kids.  I always do books.  I like the Kohl's books with the matching toys, but whatever I get, I try to find a book with the same theme.  It can get really fun!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • For 1st bdays I like to give bonds (or contribute to college fund) with a small toy to open.  That's probably the last time you can get away with it.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Every night I prayed for you. Then when you were in my belly, I prayed harder. Now that you're in my arms, I pray even harder.
  • Loading the player...
  • I always give books.
    Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I like the idea of books, or the monogrammed rag doll idea. 
    TTC #1 since 8/09
    BFP#1 - 9/2/10, EDD 5/14/11, Twins Hannah and Liam lost 11/7/10 @ 13w1d.
    BFP #2 - 2/9/11, EDD 10/13/11, LO lost 2/13/11 @ 5w4d
    BFP #3 - 5/9/11, DS born 1/13/12

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ~*~My BFP Chart~*~Our Story~*~
    ~*~Labor Buddies with Sweet Turnip - Welcome Baby Girl 2/23/12 & Aluenna - Welcome Ivy 1/6/12~*~
  • imageEris-Alexis:
    I like the idea of books, or the monogrammed rag doll idea. 

I agree with this!!  Have fun shopping!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"