Pregnant after 35

39 week appointment - status quo

Both of my regular docs are out of town this week (how does THAT happen?! Actually 4 of the 8 docs in the practice took this week off...)

So I saw the midwife - which is fine.  She measured me, took my blood pressure - etc.  All is same ol' same ol'.  then came time for my internal (or "treating me like a sock puppet" as I describe it to my son...LOL).  Still only 1cm dialated (which I pretty much knew - no action going on anywhere) but she wanted to try and feel LO's head so she went elbow deep (at least that's what it felt like).  I spent most of the night cramping on and off and bleeding - not in a "imminent labor" sort of way - more in an "annoying stay out of my lady bits next time" way. Still bleeding slightly today - just pantyliner worthy...

Midwife said that we would probably set an induction date at my next appointment (on Tuesday with my normal - gentle - OB) and my DH's eyes got wide.  A very cartoon like "Oh My God - this is going to happen" look crossed his face.  And I giggled a little.  He's been pushing me to pack my hospital bag so I finally did last night.  Now, apparently, I'm supposed to take it everywhere with me.  I'm both touched by his panic and laughing at it. 

Today I'll do some last minute shopping, because my mom cancelled my baby shower, I'm a little lacking in the essentials dept (pj's, nail clippers, thermometer sort of 'basics').  Otherwise I think we're ready (as we'll ever be...)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 39 week appointment - status quo

• It's good to get the bag packed!  It's cute that your husband thinks it'll be that instant.  :)  You could keep the bag in the car, I suppose.  Good luck!

(I relate to "elbow deep," I asked my doctor last appointment if the baby were head-down, and he checked.  She is, but jeepers.) 

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Oh those internals towards the end are so painful. It's like their personal goal to see just how far up in there they can reach. And yet, I'm sure I won't decline them.

Good luck, you are so close!

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the nicely written story :) That was funny to read.  I keep thinking I should get my bag ready but it seems too early and too real!  I like that you must travel with your bag everywhere :) There'd be no time!!!!

I hope you go soon, sounds like sticking elbows in might be an induction method... what the heck!?

• I do not expect to hear anything different tomorrow on my 39 week appointment. I feel like I will be pregnant forever. My MW said that they wouldn't let me go over 41 week, however, so I might end up being induced as well.

Good luck to you and I wish you many many productive contractions in the next few days and hopefully avoiding the induction!

• I so wish I was 39 weeks........

Good Luck!!! Hope it happens real soon :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • He he he...your ease and experience are refreshing. I'm LOL'ing about your comment regarding the 'taking the overnight bay' everywhere! HA! "Honey, let's go to Target and get diapers...can you grab the overnight bag?!" HA HA HA! Ohhhh my. Well it does sound like you're ready to go. How come no baby shower (I may be behind on posts....my apologies if you've already commented on that)! And what's up with such a forceful internal???? OUUUCHHH! Glad you are doing well today. SO EXCITING---SO CLOSE!
    Pregnancy Ticker image image
  • no baby shower because there was a death in our family 6 or so weeks ago - and my mom felt it was inappropriate to celebrate anything out of respect...that's the drama-free synopsis.
  • How exciting! I remember when we 1st introduced ourselves when we had little embryo's that are now babies!  And on the diaper bag, glad you packed it.  SO told me to bring the bag to the appointment that wound up being the day they said, go upstairs to L&D.  Ya never know when it's gonna be time.  So glad I finally listened to him.

Your days away from holding twerp!

• Packing the bag is good! I was an emergency induction two days before we intended to go purchase the stuff for the bag.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • After my little excursion to labor and delivery my husband has freaked about me having a bag packed. They were so worried about my BP yesterday that they skipped the internal. I wasn't disappointed about missing out on that fun.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Ive never had an internal unless i was in labour *shudders at memories*  and only ever the OB. You poor thing.

I think you should carry the bag with you (in the car) at this point, like others have said- you never know.  :)

Its all happening woohoooo!!

Side note: shop assistant/friend told me today im huge. Wanted to smack her.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"