November 2011 Moms
Options

XP: Thoughts on the name Laurel

So...I'm still struggling with girl names. Laurel was our girl name when we were pregnant with DS but I wasn't really feeling it this time around. Well, I'm not really feeling ANY name this time around so I'm putting everything back on the table. Crying

My problem with Laurel is to me, it sounds like a mouthful...the -orel sound is kinda hard for me to get out

Laurel.

WDYT?

Re: XP: Thoughts on the name Laurel

• Options
    I went to college with the most wonderful woman named Laurel. She was the nicest person in the world and everyone loved her. I like the name...it's classic, but it's not overly used. 
  • Options

I LOVE Laurel. It was one of my top three choices, but DH didn't like it, and now that we're having a boy it doesn't really matter.

Part of the reason i love the name is that I love laurel leaves and what they symbolize. I got a laurel leaf tattoo when i graduated college. When i started looking at names i remembered that Daphne was turned into a laurel tree and that got me liking the name Daphne. 

I don't know if that helps. What kind of style or attitude are you looking for with this name?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

*double post....sorry

• Options

imagerachaelski:
    I went to college with the most wonderful woman named Laurel. She was the nicest person in the world and everyone loved her. I like the name...it's classic, but it's not overly used. 

Aww thats so nice!

• Options
    imagemcintyr1:

I LOVE Laurel. It was one of my top three choices, but DH didn't like it, and now that we're having a boy it doesn't really matter.

Part of the reason i love the name is that I love laurel leaves and what they symbolize. I got a laurel leaf tattoo when i graduated college. When i started looking at names i remembered that Daphne was turned into a laurel tree and that got me liking the name Daphne. 

I don't know if that helps. What kind of style or attitude are you looking for with this name?

I don't know if I really have a style or attitude really....I just want something a little different but not *out there*. And baby girl names have just been really difficult for me.

• Options
    I'm having a tough time with girl names too. Just today, though, I saw the name Laurel somewhere and thought 'what a pretty name.' Looks pretty in writing and is very feminine. I know what you mean about not feeling it. I think when the name hits you, you will just know that is who is inside of you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

what about

Juniper

Adele or Adeline/Adelyn

Harriet

Wren

Florence

Matilda

Ruby

Jude

Eleanor

Artemis

Violet

Waverly

Meredith

Abbot

Olive

• Options
    I really like that name a lot!
    It's a Boy!! Baby #1 - Born 11/2/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Love! It was on my list, but it's the name of a prestigious all girls school where MIL taught and DH couldn't shake the correlation.
    Lillian Grace 10.19.11
  • Options

imagerachaelski:

This.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Am I the only person who thinks of Laurel and Hardy?

"I know not all that may be coming, but be it what it will, I'll go to it laughing."

• Options
    imageellehinck:

imagerachaelski:

This.

Yep, this for a third time.  I knew a Laurel growing up and she was one of the nicest people I've ever known.  She is also the only Laurel I've ever met. 

Toddler Turtle - November 2011
    Baby Turtle - November 2014

• Options
    imagecatch2010:

Am I the only person who thinks of Laurel and Hardy?

I don't think of that, but I think of the town Laurel in MD.  My sister used to live there.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My sister is Laurel.  I love it!  She loves it!  She gets compliments on her name all the time.  The only "complaint" she's had is she can't find personalized items with her name on it since it's not very common.  The only issues with pronounciation have been with in one part of our family.  But, we also have a "Laura" there and it's more a tounge twist/mix up than actual difficulty saying her name.
  • Options
    I actually do like that name, but I associate it with a girl I knew in junior high who was really promiscuous and rude. It's a real pain in the a to associate most names with another person whether that person was cool or lame or famous or whatever. I can't find a girl name either. I will like a name one day and the next I will be over it. I feel like I will never find a name either!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"