Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

What are you doing with old baby things?

Are you guys keeping some stuff for your next one or selling stuff?  If you are selling where are you selling it at?  garage sales, 2nd hand stores or even craiglist?  I have sold some things at a 2nd hand store but I feel like I could have got more.  Anyone have any luck with selling at other places?  TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What are you doing with old baby things?

• Options
    I'm only planning to have one, so I have sold some of her clothes at a second hand store or I have donated them. I've kept a few things that I wanted to save.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Given all my stuff to my pregnant friends :o) One and done here
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Keeping it for the next one. I just need to figure out a storage system in the garage so my house doesn't get cluttered. I have retired the boucer and the bebepod chair. Still using the swing, jumperoo and high chair. Can't wait to retire the swing, but he still likes to take naps in it. It is just big! Storing all the little things like old clothes that are still good in a plastic bin.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket
  • Options

imagenbeseau:
    I'm only planning to have one, so I have sold some of her clothes at a second hand store or I have donated them. I've kept a few things that I wanted to save.

This. I've been boxing up all the clothes and plan on selling everything once I have a large amount, at a local consignment sale I go to. 1 and done, here as well. 

lilypie First Birthday tickers
    image image
    MY BLOG A Stay At Home Moms Search For All Things Sensational
  • Options

After have DS1 we were unsure of having a second, so I boxed up all his clothes and other things in plastic storage containers.   Of course, a week after we decided we were one and done, I found out I was pregnant with DS2 (oops!).

We are definitely done after Marcus.  As he outgrows things, I've been putting them off to the side for a garage sale and saving a thing or two that I've really liked.

Ethan George 11.4.06 Marcus Harvey 3.4.11
  • Options
    I'm keeping most everything, but if DS doesn't take to our swing, I'll sell it once SIL borrows it to see if it's worth investing in. She's due in nov. I'll try selling online and then our local consignment event in mar if not.

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• Options

I stored all of DD#1's clothes in rubbermaid containers in the closet under our stairs.  We also saved the swing, carseat, etc. in large boxes in the attic.  I was so happy that I still had all those clothes when I found out I was having another girl (even though baby girl still gets some new stuff too.) 

Now that DD#2 is here, we are finished.  As she outgrows things I am packing them away to sale in the fall and spring consignment sales here. I will also put gear in those sales as we outgrow it.

Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

• Options
    Right now I'm storing everything at my house for any future  lo's of mine, my sister (has a 10 month old), and my cousin (has an 11 month old). We are talking about teaching our kids the lessons of sharing and caring by donating used items to those people in need.
    IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We kept the stroller, carseat, bouncer, walker, pack n play, baby carrier and bedroom set. Everything else was sold or handed down to someone. I didn't want to keep to much because I knew the next baby would be spoiled with things from our families and if baby #2 was a girl (it was) she would get all new stuff in girl colors (she did). We have a great 2nd hand baby store that gives me good money for my stuff.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imagekbuns:
    Given all my stuff to my pregnant friends :o) One and done here

this! I got screwed over by our second hand store!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"