Multiples

Plus size Maternity clothes help

I'm a plus size woman before I got pregnant and now pregnant with twins I'm having trouble finding clothes that fit.  I've searched online and the biggest sizes labeled plus size are 18-20.  I'm bigger than that before I got pregnant.  Anybody have any suggestions as to where I can find clothese to fit?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Plus size Maternity clothes help

• I got a lot of my clothes at Target. The other thing I would recommend, especially for shirts - Big/Tall Mens sizes. A lot of times they were cheaper than maternity.

My local thrift store was also good to me while pregnant. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Motherhood Maternity has plus sized clothing in some of their stores - up to 3X or 4X.  They may have a wider selection online.  I went there a couple of times to try things on and figure out what size fit me (and still had room for my growing twin belly). JC Penney and Old Navy sell plus-sized maternity wear online.

I actually had good luck trolling my local Craigslist for people selling their plus-sized maternity wardrobe. For $100, I bought 5 or 6 pairs of pants, 8 or 9 cute tops,  and a couple of great dresses with tags still attached. Oh, and a brand new bathing suit (tags still attached)!  A few of the pieces were too small for me, but almost everything fit, and I figure I can probably eBay the too-small pieces and make back some of my investment.

• Loading the player...
  • I'm also a plus size mom to be.  I didn't have any luck at Target, but got all of my maternity clothes either through Old Navy or Motherhood Maternity.  The down-side of ON was that you can only purchase their plus size things online and alot of their stuff runs a bit big.  Good for ON is that I was able to return it to my local store (even if the item said you couldn't).  MM seemed a little more expensive for some things as compared to ON, but good quality.  I actually do spend alot of time in my husband's oversized t-shirts, but I'm slowly outgrowing some of those!  GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ditto Motherhood Maternity and Old Navy. I'm a 20/22 and usually wore a 1-2x at Motherhood and a 2x at Old Navy. I found the size charts on their websites very accurate too.
    image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • bsmeadbsmead member

Not only am I plus size but I am also rather tall (and have a long torso)  I found that even with plus size maternity shirts I outgrew them in length.  What I have found that works the best is to buy tunic-like tops.  On a shorter person they would just look like tunics or dresses but on me they look like shirts Yes  I have even found some clearance tank tops or tunics from Lanebryant and have used those!  I can still find clothes at regular non-maternity stores as long as they are long enough and stretchy enough to cover the bump!  I am so grateful to be pregnant while all those things are in style!!!

My plan b was to buy some cute empire waist dresses and have my mom just hem them up to look a little more like shirts then dresses.

hth!!

• Motherhood and Old Navy ran big for me which was a good thing.
    TTC since 8/07 DX - Severe MFI/azoospermia & MTHFR/ TESEs found sperm - 7/08 & 6/09/ 12/08 - IVF#1 - BFN/ 6/09 - IVF #2 - cancelled due to OHSS risk (had retrieval)/ 7/09 - FET #1 - BFN/ 9/09 - FET #2 - BFN/ 11/09 - IVF #3 with new RE cancelled twice - 10/09 & 11/09/ 1/10 - IVF #3 take 3 - BFN/ 4/10 - IVF #4 - first ever BFP on 5/13/10!!! 108 @ 10dp3dt/ 2nd beta 311!/ sono on 5/28/10 said TWINS!!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Lane Bryant carried maternity clothes 3 years ago when I was pregnant with DS1, so that might be something you could find used on eBay or Craigslist too. The Gap online carries some too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"