2nd Trimester

Tommee Tippee Bottles- anyone? & Bottle suggestions

Have any moms out there used the Tommee Tippee bottles with their LO's? Is anyone planning to use them with the LO that they are expecting? 

I have been reading about them and they are pretty "new" I guess compared to their use in Europe. Just looking for some opinions on bottles to use  with my LO. I'm planning to BF and I want the transition to be smooth, well as smooth as it can be. 

Any suggestions? 

TIA!  

Re: Tommee Tippee Bottles- anyone? & Bottle suggestions

• My husband is fighting me tooth and nail to use them... I used Playtex drop-ins with my son but he seems to think they will be far more superior lol

I will let him win and try them out :)

• This is what we are using.....our friends used them with their kids and loved them!
    "You and me together can do anything, baby!!" DMB
    Married October 16th, 2010
    TTC #1 since October 2010
    1st BFP 1-12-11
    MC'd 1-22-11
    2nd BFP 2-15-11
    Our Wee One....**KENNEDY JO** born 10/3/11@ 36weeks via Csection
    My BFP Chart
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Labor Buddy to **MRS.ATCH** Welcome Quinn 11-5-11**
  • Loading the player...
  • Ive heard good things so I put them on my registry to try. 
    ega Pictures, Images and Photos support our troops Pictures, Images and Photosega Pictures, Images and Photos Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I never used their bottles, but I used the sippy cups with my DS.  I thought they would be a good transition to the hard spouts of the playtex bottles.... they are ok.  I guess they did the job, but the valves are absolutely the worst I've ever had to clean.  My husband finally made me toss them after a few months because we literally could not get the valves clean and they were getting gross.

(note, though, that I have no idea if the valve functions the same in the bottle as it does in the sippy) 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We used them with DD and they were great.  Super easy to clean (no valves or extra parts).  We didn't try very many different types of bottles though.  We tried the drop ins and DD never liked them and we used the medela ones that came with the pump.  We were very happy with the tommee tippee and will use with DC#2.  I did not like their sippy cups very much though. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • im going to be breast feeding but i will eventually pump into bottles so i do have the tommee tippee pump and bottles on my registry i have heard really great things about them!!
  • We used them for a few months.  My son did horribly on Medela bottles.  He did well with the Tommy Tippiees but he was a messy eater with them.  Around 4 months (after I stopped nursing), we switched to Avents.  They seemed to work best for DS. 

For this LO, we'll try the Tommy Tippees again when I'm nursing.  I really did love them, though they tending to stain in the dishwasher. :(

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • i use the cups for my DD and DS now, i don't plan on using the bottles, i already own the Phillips Avent bottles and i love them. My kids love the cups. They are very colorful and easy to clean! I'm sure the bottles will hopefully be the same way in the clean dept. GL!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersimage Photobucket
  • imagemyantonia:

I never used their bottles, but I used the sippy cups with my DS.  I thought they would be a good transition to the hard spouts of the playtex bottles.... they are ok.  I guess they did the job, but the valves are absolutely the worst I've ever had to clean. 

this is what i was going to say, their sippy cups suck. so, we won't even bother w/ their bottles.  we used Playtex drop ins last time and loved them.  their nipples are very good for BF babies, very similar.  

imageimage

• I used them with my DD and loved them and will use those again with this LO.  I liked them because they were easy to clean, and were perfect for breastfeeding. The nipple is designed to simulate a breast. My daughter never refused them even 2 weeks into breastfeeding. One of my friends had trouble with her daughter refusing bottles, I gave her one of my tommee tippee and her dd never refused one again.

Wouldn't use any other bottle after using tommee tippee, I loved them.

But as PPs said, the sippy cups suck and we wouldn't use those, we just used a regular sippy from walmart or whatever.

• Wait until the baby gets here and depending on their mouth structure will determine a lot about which bottle or nuk (if you plan to use one) will work best...  We were lucky with DD in that the cheap, easy to wash ones worked best, but that's not always the case...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'll be using the tomme tippee bottles for LO. I also plan on purchasing the single electric pump.
  • My son just turned a year last week and they are the only bottles we've ever used. The flow is fast in the beginning and he was a very messy little eater but as he got bigger the flow was perfect and we have switched nipples as necessary. My favorite thing about the Tomee Tippee bottles for those who are formula feeding are the formula inserts, you fill them with the right amount of powdered formula, put the cover on, fill the bottle with the right amount of water and drop the insert in, when you're feeding on the go you just unscrew the nipple, remove insert cover, pour the powder in the water and remove the insert. So easy and convenient! 
  • imageWaiting4myJulyBaby:
    My son just turned a year last week and they are the only bottles we've ever used. The flow is fast in the beginning and he was a very messy little eater but as he got bigger the flow was perfect and we have switched nipples as necessary. My favorite thing about the Tomee Tippee bottles for those who are formula feeding are the formula inserts, you fill them with the right amount of powdered formula, put the cover on, fill the bottle with the right amount of water and drop the insert in, when you're feeding on the go you just unscrew the nipple, remove insert cover, pour the powder in the water and remove the insert. So easy and convenient! 

Yes!!  I almost forgot this perk.  I LOVED those inserts when we switched over to formula.  It made feedings when out and about so much easier!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"