Parenting after a Loss

Questions about one year olds

Please briefly describe how you switched from bottle to sippy.

Is there life after mollars? He is still gonna get the canines - don?t those hurt even worse?

Are tantrums normal at this age or am I just that blessed? I am almost convinced he got his terrible twos at 13 months or the MExicans were right about the double cow lick/sign of the devil thing. This kid is such a handful. But so smart and learning new things each day.  It{s enought to amaze me and remember why I wanted him again. lol that sounds bad.

What is a normal day of food like for your LO? How much milk are you still giving?

I need sleep advice too. I had started to semi-CIO at home around 9ish moths with Gabe. I used to pat him on his back until he feel asleep forever. But I was putting him down when he started rubbing his eyes, he would cry 5 min and go to sleep. But for the last month hes been sleeping i the same room with us so to not be an inconvenience I started patting his back until he fell asleep again. I was so excied to get out own place so he could CIO again. Well its so loud cause it echose, and DH comes home tired and goes to work super early and cant handle the screaming. cause this boy SCREAMS his lungs out. it literally makes me shudder. the shrieks are out of control. So can someone recommend another method? He only stays in the PNP half the night, wakes up scared (maybe hes not used to it yet) and then sleeps happily with us the rest of the night/morning.

I have so many more but Im drawing a blank.

TIA

Missed MC 1 - 11/21/2006 Missed MC 2 - 03/10/2008 BFP # 3 09/18/09 - Gabriel David born 05/11/2010 baby

Re: Questions about one year olds

• Generally cold turkey is the fastest way to wean from bottle to sippy.  Offer just a sippy and he'll get thirsty enough to drink.

If you prefer a less dramatic approach - save the "favorite" bottles (usually before nap and before bed) and offer the sippy at all other times.

Tantrums - yes.  Expressive language lags far behind their comprehension.  It is a very frustrating time for LOs.  Pick your battles :)

At 1 year my son ate fruit and yogurt and cheese and nursed A LOT.  He didn't show a ton of interest in other solids or a larger volume until at least 18 months.

The CIO thing...  I think you either decide to be very consistent with a method of sleep training.  Or you accept that LO is in the habit of sleeping with you and worry about it at a later time.  Personal decision.  (And yes I do realize that this is not a helpful answer).

BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    Surgery for ectopic pregnancy June 3, 2008
    BFP #2 September 25, 2008
    Baby boy born June 4, 2009 at 40 weeks
    8 pounds 13 ounces and 23 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
    First U/S February 25, 2011 = TWINS!!!
    Boy/girl twins born October 4, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not yet 1 but I can answer some.

Bottle to sippy: She liked her sippy with water, drank great from it. Tried formula she did well. Every day we replaced a bottle with a sippy. Now she only get a bottle at night before bed.

As for tantrums I think they're normal. If not DD has them. She doesn't get her way she flat out throws herself around screaming until she finds something better or we give in. (yeah I give in a fair amount)

DD gets 3 meals a day . Breakfast: usually 1/2 cup of dried cereal (chex is her fav) or 2 pieces of whole wheat toast. Lunch: whatever the heck we're having. Dinner: DH and I eat this meal WAY late so she eats alone. Usually pasta pick ups and fruit or gerber lil' entree something or 1/2 a sandwich on whole wheat.

She will also normally eat two little snacks with her sippy of formula. Snack 1 (between B&L) usually like half a fruit bar and Snack 2 (between L&D) usually graham crackers. 

She's still on formula ( we start the process of moving to WCM next week).

BFP #1 10/28/09 EDD 06/24/10- Miscarriage 11/2/09
    BFP #2 11/30/09 EDD 08/12/10- Sophia Grace born 8/1/10
    BFP #3 11/16/10 EDD 08/04/11- Samuel Richard born 7/28/11
    BFP #4 01/04/12 EDD 09/19/12- Simon Nathaniel born 9/6/12
    BFP #5 03/27/13 EDD 11/25/13- Savannah Lee born 11/18/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Well I never use a bottle but em started using straw cups around 9 months for water with her solid meals. So when we stopped bfing because of medical issues with me not her cold turkey was just switches to whole milk.can't help with if the canines are worse b/c em got all eight of these almost together. most tantrums at this age are due to not being able to say what is wrong and have you understand. as his vocabulary increases these should die down for a while. em eats what I eat just smaller proportions at meals and more snacks from the food groups I can't have on my new diet. em gets 8 to 12 oz of whole milk a day. she is still pitting on weight normally so I must be doing something right. can't help with sleep either em still sleeps in a crib by our bed no choice living with family in one room.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"