March 2012 Moms
Options

Books, Books, Books....

I am completely obsessed of reading, watching, etc all things to do with pregnancy.  I am a complete planner and need something to pass the days until I go to the doctor. 

Of course we all know about What to Expect When Your Expecting ...bought it, didn't think it was very interesting honestly.   But on recommendation from my sister I purchased Baby Bargains (9th edition) for my ereader.  It is pretty awesome!  Goes over all things baby gear, what you need - what you don't.  Also, ratings and reviews.  Really neat book.

Anyone else have books on their to read list??

Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Books, Books, Books....

• Options
    Last time I around I really enjoyed "Your Pregnancy Week by Week" (more so than WTEWYE) and Belly Laughs.
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    I DL'ed another version of Your Pregnancy Week by Week to my Kindle. You can get the OG one too, but this one is written by some doctor in England. So far it's a pretty nice/friendly read and she writes things in cool British ways like oestrogen and foetus. :)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I went to the library last night and picked up the Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy and a Your Pregnancy Week by Week book. I figured I would test drive a couple of books before buying them.

I don't expect to buy What to Expect When Your Expecting. From what I heard it is filled with a lot of QUIT SMOKING OR YOUR BABY WILL DIE! or QUIT DOING CRACK OR YOUR BABY WILL DIE!! Since I don't do either I don't need to read it on every page.

• Options

***lurking*** I bought at random, and really enjoyed a book called "Expecting".

It's brittish, so some of the medical system stuff is drastically different, however, it's broken down by week, and tells you about your body, baby, and different things you should be thinking about and considering as the pregnancy progresses. I love opening a new chapter each week, and for the most part feel like it's totally written for me:)

• Options
    salt78salt78 member

imageDwinalsinlove:
    QUIT DOING CRACK OR YOUR BABY WILL DIE!! 

Phew! I'm glad I found out this information now!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagesalt78:

imageDwinalsinlove:

Wow! Me too! Who knew?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    imageMrs Nice:
    imagesalt78:

imageDwinalsinlove:

Wow! Me too! Who knew?

Wait...so this means I HAVE to stop??  **taking crack dealer off speed dial**

• Options
    imageDwinalsinlove:

I went to the library last night and picked up the Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy and a Your Pregnancy Week by Week book. I figured I would test drive a couple of books before buying them.

These were my two favorite books from last time around and I plan to revisit them. Unfortunately, I loaned my copy of YPWbW and I am not telling people I am pregnant yet so I cannot get it back right now.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I really like this one:

I'm Pregnant!

It has really cool pics of the developing baby, info about each stage of pregnancy/how you're feeling, and a few sections on birth & labor.

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    Not sure what your religous affiliation is but I just ordered "Praying Through Your Pregnancy" and "Christian Mama's Guide to Being Pregnant"  they're supposed to be pretty informative medical wise along with kinda guiding specifically what to pray for as far as getting a healthy baby.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    MattelMattel member
    I just posted this on a GTKY, but I've read Belly Laughs and Frankly Pregnant in addition to others. These were my favorites.

Me (33). DH (37). DD (2.2012). MCs x4. After 4 years & 7 months, due 4.2018!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"