Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Truth, I'm scared to TTC

My husband and I decided to officially start trying to get pregnant last week. I have been excited thinking of all the possibilities and have been researching all the tips and charts. I have always wanted to be a mother! I have been a nanny for a long time and I am ready to have my own. Thing is I am scared to actually start trying. I mean There should have been many times in the past I should have gotten pregnant and was always let down with the BFN. I am scared I can't get pregnant. I don't know where i got the fear from and I usually totally ignore it but it worries me. I am not trying to start anything with people that know for sure they can't because my heart really goes out to you but i just needed to vent somewhere. Does anybody else have this fear? Is this normal? Did anyone have it and it ended up being true or they ended up getting pregnant?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Truth, I'm scared to TTC

• Options
    I definitely have the same fears as you! But like PP have said, look into charting with Fertility Friend. You can sign up/check it out through my ticker with the fishy. Arming yourself with the knowledge about your body will really help you feel more in control. Good luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    I feel and have felt this way since I was younger.  I've never ttc until now (well in a month or so) but I have always had this feeling I can't have children.  And too, i know it's just a feeling and i too am sorry for those who are having troubles.  But i do share this feeling with you and it scares me a lot.  GL!!!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you I feel better knowing it is normal to feel this way! I am def going to do all I can to learn my body! I signed up for FF but cant find their tickers for conceiving only for pregnancy.
  • Options
    I still have those fears. My sister has had alot of problems with TTC and has tried for years. She has a problem with not ovulating, PCOS and much more. I always wonder if maybe I have that too. However, my cycles are nothing like hers but it still makes me wonder. There is no way of knowing without trying!
  • Options

Nope it completely natural, I have the fear and I was talking to my BFF and she said she had the same fears when they were TTC. They started trying and were pregnant 3 cycles in. But it does worry me because its something you have no control over.

Married since 5/21/2011
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I have always had the fear, and when I spoke of one day having children it was always caveated with 'if I am lucky enough to be able to'.

That said, as the other ladies have suggested, charting is great because it helps you confirm if you ovulated and understand about your cycle - that should dispel some of your fears.

We are all going through the same thing :) Good luck!

• Options
    I was plagued by this fear, too. Even now, I sometimes worry that my DD was a fluke and I will have secondary infertility. TTC is just a scary uncertain state to be in!
    DD1 01/09/11 DD2 10/31/12 #3 EDD 10/22/14--Stick baby stick! Always in my heart, 4 sweet angels 2/10, 10/11, 12/11 & 10/13
  • Options
    I have always had this fear too, and I've been lucky enough for it to be unfounded so far.  With my first, I thought it would take awhile because I was on BCP for like 10 years.  I got pregnant with # 1 on my second cycle.  When I was BFing, my cycles were irregular while we tried for # 2.  As soon as I stopped nursing, I was pregnant on the second cycle.  This time for # 3 I keep feeling like I won't be as lucky.  I don't think that fear ever goes away!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    image&nbspimage
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm afraid of this too.  I've literally never had a normal cycle off of BCP so I'm worried about not being able to concieve. I just started charting w/ temps, and I think I'll feel a lot better after a confirmed O on FF.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
    ~*Lots of love to my BFPB's: mel66, MercierGirl, DBoo0510, & NewbieLisette*~
  • Options

imagemrskristend821:
    I'm afraid of this too.  I've literally never had a normal cycle off of BCP so I'm worried about not being able to concieve. I just started charting w/ temps, and I think I'll feel a lot better after a confirmed O on FF.

This is how i am. 

• Options

It's something so unknow and out of my control that I do worry about it. But I worry about a lot of random stuff too.

My first concern is what if H and I can't get pregnant, then what if I get bad morning sickness and thrown up on my commute and at work (I take public transportation).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"