Pregnant after 35

How many u/s have you had in the first tri?

So Im curious, how many U/S have you had and also have you heard the heartbeat in the first trimester? I haven't had either and Im 10 weeks.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How many u/s have you had in the first tri?

• With DD, we had 4 u/s -- 1 to dateat 6w1d, 1 because we shamelessly begged to get a pic for a .ppt (which we emailed to my parents and how we told them) at 11wk, and 2 for the first tri screen (she wouldn't cooperate the first time) at about 12-13wks.  We saw the h/b at 6w1d, and he found it with the doppler at 11 wks, when you are not guaranteed to hear it but we were lucky.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• So far I have had two and unless something happens, that will be all. Our next one will be the first tri screening or if we pass it will be the Big US. Hth1
  • Loading the player...
  • I had an ultrasound at 8 weeks to determine the gestational age and my due date.  Then had another one as part of my Ultrascreen test for Downs/Trisomy.  Then the last one was my 20 week ultrasound and that's probably the last one I'll get Sad

We get to hear the heartbeat at every doctor's appointment.

• I've had quite a few because I had 2 losses prior....I had one at 6 weeks, one at 9 and then we did a NT scan at 12 weeks. The at my 12 & 16 week appt she couldn't find the HB on doppler so I got 2 more then. I also had another at the big US at 20 weeks! SO I guess I've had a total of 6 !!!
  • My RE knocked me up... their protocol was an u/s at 7w and follow up at 9w.

If I'd just gone to my OB... he wouldn't have even seen me b/f ten weeks and probably wouldn't have done an u/s until 20w or so.

Although my OB did send me to a MFS for an NT scan around 12 weeks (and they brought me back for amnio and FOUR more level II u/s).

That's seven total.   

• I had three with this one.  One to date, one because it was available, and my NT scan.  I rented a doppler on my own so I could hear the heartbeat at 10 weeks.

Have you asked your doctor? 

• I had my first one last week at 10 weeks. I saw the heartbeat and the lil monkey waving, kicking, and turning around. So amazing. My next U/S is in three weeks.

Trixie-- you can rent a doppler??? I had no idea. That is so cool.

• B/c I got pg with an RE - I had US's at 5, 6, 7, 8w with the RE and then 9w with the OB... then 12w for the NTS... then not until 20w for the big US.

This pregnancy it appears I'll get one extra - I had my first today and go back on Tues to check again b/c it's twins.

• I had my first U/S last week (6 weeks 3 days) and we did hear the HB
  • I had four at the RE's and I am having my NT scan done at 12 weeks.

~Kennedy

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had my first at 9 weeks to date, then another at 12 for the NTS.  I had a third for fetal health at 18 weeks.

• I had four ultrasounds in my first trimester and yes, we did hear the heartbeat.  I found the heartbeat on my home doppler right around 11 weeks and then heard it at my ob check-up that same week.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• I had a u/s at 7 weeks for size and date, 8 weeks at my first prenatal check up, 10 weeks because of some bleeding and at 12 weeks (NT scan). ?We saw the heartbeat on every scan. ?My doctor starting listening to the heartbeat at 12 weeks and we have heard it every time since then. ??

• When will you have an ultrasound?  I have had 3 so far and one next week. I'm high risk with a miscarriage last year so this is why. First u/s only a yolk sac was present. 2nd there was a heart beat and 3rd a heartbeat again, though we didn't listen to it, just saw it on the screen.
    Our Christmas Eve baby>Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"