are on.  And she has glitter pigs! 

*kicks wagon*

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: GM Previews

• imageyodasmistress:

are on.  And she has glitter pigs! 

*kicks wagon*

I'm right there with you kicking the wagon - the glitter pigs are SOOOOOOO cute!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Obvs she's copying Jenny's pig inspiration.
  • I will confess to liking glitter pigs, but they're on pink so that would be a no go.  Also, I can't decide if those gnomes are creepy or cute.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Glitter pigs! Omg! I started a trend. Lol. I love the fabric so much and it's been holding up super well in the wash.

<3

The line-up thus far:

Cathode, Knit, serged (!!), OBV, $35

Hi Fi, Knit, turned, OBV, $35

Oinkestrate, Woven, OBV or pudding CV, $45

I Gnome, Right? Woven, crimson CV, $35

Fruit Spree, Serged OBV, Instafluff, $35

Ruff, Woven, OBV, $35

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh, and glitter pigs is actually much more of a salmon color vs. pink. Here's a pic of my dipe that better shows the color:

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagebethandjoe09:
    I will confess to liking glitter pigs, but they're on pink so that would be a no go.  Also, I can't decide if those gnomes are creepy or cute.

I have a Giving Tree in the gnomes print -- I think it's pretty cute. My DH thought the gnomes were sailboats (!) though-- he only figured out they were gnomes last week and I've had the diaper for months already.  I guess that shows how interested he is in diapers...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Meh, again for me this week.  Good thing for my wallet!

• I like Hi Fi, but I think all the foil would wash off.
  • I like Ruff but wouldn't pay that much for a diaper (...yet). There's definitely a bull dog face on that print and I'm obsessed. Hm, maybe I can find the fabric and have a (cheaper) custom made.
  • imagepixy_stix:
    I like Hi Fi, but I think all the foil would wash off.

Am I an idiot?  What's on hi fi?  I see the bones, but I can't tell what the other stuff is...

BabyFruit Ticker
    Amber
    TTC since March '06
    MFI, LPD, possible PCOS
    3 chem pgs * m/c identical twins at 9w 10.06
    IVF w/ICSI #2 - beta - 187! (9dp5dt), beta - 367! (11dp5dt)
    IVF w/ICSI #3 - it's a girl!
    My IF Blog: Between the Lines
    My Parenting Blog: Letters From Your Mama
  • imagesomethingchangd:

imagepixy_stix:

Am I an idiot?  What's on hi fi?  I see the bones, but I can't tell what the other stuff is...

Headphones

• imagesomethingchangd:

imagepixy_stix:

If you're an idiot, then so am I!  I can't tell what's on it either Embarrassed

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Neither one of you are idiots.  :op  I've just happened to have seen that fabric laid out so it's easier to tell what it is.
  • imageveruca5839:

Meh, again for me this week.  Good thing for my wallet!

this for me too!

Photobucket Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemonona9:
    imageveruca5839:

Meh, again for me this week.  Good thing for my wallet!

this for me too!

Me too! It's the first time in about 6 months that I haven't had anything OTW from GMHQ!
  • I LOVE those glitter pigs.  Luckily I will be at my MFM tomorrow and those appointment take 5+ hours. So I won't be around.
  • I really like the Fruit Spree but I would rather find the fabric and try to get it made by someone else so I can get an AI2. 
  • what is the drama about?

<name removed>

The only reason it keeps getting brought up is because youre not giving everyone a fair chance at it. Its basically a diaper that you made for a special group of your customers, and kept it all shushed until someone brought it out into the ...light. Theres more drama there, than your customers bringing it up because they want a chance at it. And if it has foil its a no-brainer that it will come off, especially in the rigorous life diapers tend to live.See More

14 minutes ago ? LikeUnlike
    goodmama diapers I always intended to stock it, but stupidly shipped it before I previewed it and the drama ruined my entire weekend and more. It was just too much, and it is still too much and I have no desire to 1) have more drama reviewed 2) figure out h...ow to price it an 3) watch a handful of people then turn around and sell it for hundreds of dollars while I am just left with drama and harassment. I'm not doing it and harassing me over it is only solidifying my decision. I'm not making more.

DS born 8/2010 - preliminary stages of SN int'l adoption - fur mama to 2 shelter dogs;  cloth diapering, babywearing, EBFing mama

• comment deleted - B-1  ;)

DS born 8/2010 - preliminary stages of SN int'l adoption - fur mama to 2 shelter dogs;  cloth diapering, babywearing, EBFing mama

• Good catch, AstroMom.

It sounds like she made a diaper that didn't go on sale publicly, and now people are finding out it was only offered to Suz's favorites? Oh geez.

• imageastroMom:
    comment deleted - B-1  ;)

Ha!

• imageastroMom:

what is the drama about?

<name removed>

The only reason it keeps getting brought up is because youre not giving everyone a fair chance at it. Its basically a diaper that you made for a special group of your customers, and kept it all shushed until someone brought it out into the ...light. Theres more drama there, than your customers bringing it up because they want a chance at it. And if it has foil its a no-brainer that it will come off, especially in the rigorous life diapers tend to live.See More

goodmama diapers I always intended to stock it, but stupidly shipped it before I previewed it and the drama ruined my entire weekend and more. It was just too much, and it is still too much and I have no desire to 1) have more drama reviewed 2) figure out h...ow to price it an 3) watch a handful of people then turn around and sell it for hundreds of dollars while I am just left with drama and harassment. I'm not doing it and harassing me over it is only solidifying my decision. I'm not making more.

Is this the one that ejg talked about?  Or was this more recent?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • no idea

• imageyodasmistress:
    imageastroMom:

what is the drama about?

<name removed>

They're talking about the PIF group's Dazzle Constellations diaper that we did.  And I honestly don't blame her for not doing another run of it.  That custom turned into a sh*tstorm due to some completely unnecessary drama and people don't even know the whole story, just piecing together what they heard.  And obviously people who weren't even diapering a baby during that time are jumping on the drama bandwagon surrounding that diaper.  It really didn't have to end up this way.

• imageejgballerina:
    imageyodasmistress:
    imageastroMom:

what is the drama about?

<name removed>

They're talking about the PIF group's Dazzle Constellations diaper that we did.  And I honestly don't blame her for not doing another run of it.  That custom turned into a sh*tstorm due to some completely unnecessary drama and people don't even know the whole story, just piecing together what they heard.  And obviously people who weren't even diapering a baby during that time are jumping on the drama bandwagon surrounding that diaper.  It really didn't have to end up this way.

If it was so long ago, why is it being brought up? Was the mere mention of foil enough to do it? 

• imagecdep1:
    imageejgballerina:
    imageyodasmistress:
    imageastroMom:

what is the drama about?

<name removed>

If it was so long ago, why is it being brought up? Was the mere mention of foil enough to do it? 

From what I hear, there is a private group that consists of some former members of the PIF group along with other mamas who are disgruntled with GM and they continue to bring it up.  I have no idea why, I never get involved with the drama because I just hate it.  HATE it.

• Thanks for clarifying it a bit :) I couldn't imagine causing an uproar over something that isn't even a current issue and doesn't seem like that big a deal. 
  • imagecdep1:
    Thanks for clarifying it a bit :) I couldn't imagine causing an uproar over something that isn't even a current issue and doesn't seem like that big a deal. 

Yeah, I scratch my head a bit at it too.  But there are obviously some residual hurt feelings over the way it was handled.  I get it.  But at the same time, I also get why she wouldn't do another run.  Either one gives her drama to deal with.

• weird, I just assumed it was something more recent that I'd missed

• imageastroMom:
    weird, I just assumed it was something more recent that I'd missed

Nope, this all went down in the fall of 2010.

• imageejgballerina:

imageastroMom:

Well, that's relatively recent.  I thought everyone was talking about something in 2008-9 

• imagexmeli554x:
    What's PIF?

Pay it forward 

• I know there's drama surrounding the diaper, but I never understood what people are pissed about exactly. Is it just that Suzanne did that one group custom and people felt left out? Because that seems fairly benign.

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagepixy_stix:
    imageejgballerina:

imageastroMom:

Well, that's relatively recent.  I thought everyone was talking about something in 2008-9 

Those were all drama with the SYOF custom groups that sent in yardage (i.e. Game On, South Central, etc. etc.).  I wasn't around for any of that.

• imagejenny1980:

I know there's drama surrounding the diaper, but I never understood what people are pissed about exactly. Is it just that Suzanne did that one group custom and people felt left out? Because that seems fairly benign.

Ehh, there's some other minor details and rumors that contribute to the drama.  I think it went around for awhile that no one from the group will EVER EVER sell or trade the diaper to someone outside the group.  Which is silly.  I have a NB and a OS in the fabric that I'll use for my babies and then if it's still in usable condition I will rehome it, so not sure where that rumor comes from.  This post has already gotten a gazillion hits so I really don't want to feed anymore dramz in private groups watching this thread- lol.  Suzanne also wrote a blog about it.

https://be.thegoodmama.com/2010/12/dazzle-constellations-one-size-fitted-diaper/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"