Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Mastitis is kicking my butt for a second time.

I am ready to amputate my boobs already.

I thought I was past all of this considering I finished weaning Ian 2 weeks ago. Nope. My milk came back with avengence.

I'm hoping the Rx for antibiotics does the trick because if not the Doc said my milk ducts will need to be drained via needle. That doesn't sound pleasant at all. 

Re: Mastitis is kicking my butt for a second time.

• I would give you hugs, but I wouldn't want to hurt your bewbies.
    I'm sorry and hope that the antibiotics work!
  • imagekmeek19:
    I would give you hugs, but I wouldn't want to hurt your bewbies.
    I'm sorry and hope that the antibiotics work!

LOL, Thanks! DH tried to give me a hug earlier, and I practically had a heart attack! 

• Loading the player...
  • Egahhhh. That sounds terrible! In the beginning that was my biggest fear. Hopefully it works and no needles necessary!
  • Awww! I can't imagine how painful that is! Hope you feel better soon
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I am so so so sorry.  I had mastitis with my daugther and it almost made me not want to nurse my son this go round.  It is terrible.  I hope you get better soon!  Ugh, the memories alone will haunt me forever.
  • I thought I was on 9-12, but I am going to answer this post even though I don't belong here.

I feel your pain. I've had mastitis 5 times. It's awful. I know your post says you have weaned, but I'd pump/express or whatever to empty some milk out. And don't forget massage and heat. (I like to take a hot bath and massage in the bath.)

I also highly recommend eating garlic, as it is anti-infective. The last 4 times I've had mastitis, symptoms have been gone, or at least greatly improved, in less than 24 hours from the time I've eaten garlic. (I take a clove, slice it, slather it in butter, and cook in the microwave.)

I would definitely be trying eating garlic before I'd have them drain the ducts with a needle.

GL and feel better!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • YulesYules member
    So sorry, had it twice and decided to call it quits by 9th week.Dicloxicillin cleared it up within a few days. Also, lecithin supplements may be worth trying. If you are attempting to quit bf, drink sage tea. Lots of it. Good luck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"