Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

NoseFrida Users, Come In Please

Hi, Ladies -

I have heard several of you singing the praises of NoseFrida...and I'm seriously contempating buying one.  But before I drop the money and postage for one, I want to make sure it'll work for DS...

For those that have the NosaFrida, did you previously have difficulty with the traditional nosebulb aspirators?  DS hates, hates, hates getting his nose sucked, and will pretty much throw a tantrum and rapidly turn his head when I try to aspirate.  It makes it pretty much impossible to even get the bulb in his nose, let alone aspirate anything out.

I'm thinking that if he fights having the bulb put in his nose, he'll fight having a NoseFrida put in his nose.  I would love for you ladies to prove me wrong through your experiences.

TYIA!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NoseFrida Users, Come In Please

• Options
    DD still fights the nosefrida but it doesn't worry me as much as the bulb because it isn't pointy and only goes in the very edge of her nose so I don't have to worry about hurting her. The last time she had a cold I actually had to lay her on her back on the floor with her head between my thighs and an arm under each leg so I could suck her nose. Sounds horrible but she was moving so much and grabbing at the hose I had to do it. Originally bought it for DD1 and used it until she learned to blow her nose. I like that the filter packets are relatively cheap, last a while, and they mail them so there is no shipping charge. HTH!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

The NoseFrida doesn't actually go inside the nose.  It sits right on the outside of the nostril.

I could never get any snot out with the bulb.  The amount that comes out with the NoseFrida is disgustingly mindblowing.

image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I do have to wrestle DS a bit now (he used to kind of like getting his nose sucked when he was younger?? weirdo) but it's much more effective and quicker than the bulb. If you and your DH can double team your LO that helps, too. Sounds bad but it's really much better than the bulb.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemchupie:

The NoseFrida doesn't actually go inside the nose.  It sits right on the outside of the nostril.

I could never get any snot out with the bulb.  The amount that comes out with the NoseFrida is disgustingly mindblowing.

This.  My LO HATED the bulb.  She didn't really like the nose frieda at the very begining, but now she almost gets excited when she sees me with it.  It's almost like she knows she about to be able to breathe again.  Good luck!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Consider me convinced.  Thanks, Ladies!  Big Smile  ::goes to buy a NoseFrida::
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagerikkisalyer:
    DS still hates having his nose suctioned.  But, the NoseFrida was much easier for us to use than the bulb.  We found it easier to control the suction power & it's easier for us to hold him while doing the suctioning.  We also feel it just did a much better job at cleaning out his nose.

This exactly.

DS-11 years, DD-3 years, DS-born 9/15/10, DD-9/09/11
    You're just giving birth now, you're not mother Earth now
  • Options

imagekatiehum:
    The last time she had a cold I actually had to lay her on her back on the floor with her head between my thighs and an arm under each leg so I could suck her nose. Sounds horrible but she was moving so much and grabbing at the hose I had to do it.

Or another way is to restrain them by grabbing both wrists in one hand and holding their hands above their head so that their arms keep their head in position and it's harder for them to turn away with their body.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"