1st Trimester

Is this really a symptom?

I'm FREEZING cold!!!  I'm between 4-5 weeks and I cannot get warm.  Yesterday it was 2 sweaters and hot tea, today I keep turning on a heating pad just to warm my hands!  Anyone else experiencing this and is it normal???
IAmPregnant Ticker Anniversary

Re: Is this really a symptom?

• klrratklrrat member
    Im 11 weeks, I didn't experience this at all. I haven't read anything or heard anything from my doctor or midwife about it either. Have you check to see if you have a fever?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've been freezing also. A girlfriend of mine said that she experienced the same with both her boys. Not sure if it's just a coincidence or not but you're not alone.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Are you tired?  I get cold when I am tired... 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Definately tired, no fever.  Just freezing my butt off!!  Big Smile
    IAmPregnant Ticker Anniversary
  • I have the same issue... Pregnant or not lol. But I just found out that I am anemic as well... They will check your iron levels at your 1st appointment. If it comes out that you are anemic, you will just have to take iron suppliments.

Stay warm!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Check with your doctor to make sure you are not anemic.

That being said, I'm not anemic, and I've been cold a lot of the time - worst is at night when I'm trying to fall asleep - I have a hard time keeping my feet warm!!

June 6, 2011: BFP with EDD of February 10, 2012
    July 22, 2011: No fetal heartbeat at 11 weeks, emergency D&C
  • I have had the same problem.

My sister also said she fully expected to be warm all the time with her first pregnancy and she didn't buy a very heavy winter coat... she regretted it!  She was cold all the time, not hot.  So be prepared that it may not change :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • kms34kms34 member
    I'm also freezing!  It's nearly 100* here and I wore long, wool pants and a cardigan to work. I'm STILL cold.  I was like this with DS in the beginning but it was the dead of winter so I just assumed it was because of that!
    * DS1...allergic to dairy, peanuts, eggs and turkey *
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

love is for every her, love is for every him, love is for everyone
  • yep.  I'm freezing all the time!  With my last pregnancy I couldn't get cool.  I was always HOT.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm freezing, but I think the A/C is just cranked up in my office.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• It's 100 degrees outside, probably 78 or so in my house and I am wrapped up in a flannel blankets...yeah, it's totally weird.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am SO glad you asked this!  I am cold too, and it's around 85 here in Chicago.  I mean I'm pretty comfortable in the hot weather, but I normally sweat as soon as we're above 75. 
  • I actually had this when I was 4 weeks along as well.  I just felt much colder than normal, shivering under my warm clothes.  It passed quickly though!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"