Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

What would you do?

2 of my friends have started a local moms group.They asked me months ago if I would join, and I said absolutely. They sent an invite on FB, so I was able to see all of the other moms they invited. Well, they invited this one girl, and because of her.. I dont want to join.

backstory: I have known this chick since middle school. In highschool, we werent friends ( I knew of her, but had never talked to her before) and she started writing SLUT on post-its EVERYDAY, and putting them on my locker.. because she had a crush on my boyfriend.  Years later, I had another boyfriend who worked at Target, and somehow she found out. My ex called me one day, and said that she had came into Target to tell him that I was cheating on him. (NEVER happened..) Shes just crazy. To my luck, I went on a cruise with my parents when I was 17.. and guess who else was on the same cruise? HER! She wrote SLUT on our cruise cabin door. She sobbed to our highschools VP saying that I bullied her, and had caused her to have poor self image, and thats why she was 100lbs over weight. (I dont think Ive ever bullied anyone in my life). She lived in my neighborhood growing up also. If I got a new car, she would go out and get the same one. If I bought a shirt from a well known store, like American Eagle.. she would go buy the exact same one (Problem with that.. shes like over 6 ft, Im 5'3.. so most of the same shirts looked redic) I could go on and on.

This crazy girl has asked me to be her friend on FB over and over, and Ive never added her. She just grosses me out, and the last thing I need is this crazy girl starting sh!t in my adult life. She is so trashy. What should I do? Join the group and deal? Or just wipe my hands with the whole thing??

*sorry if there are typos.

ETA: They are just as good of friends with her, as they are with me. The girls that are starting the group are not great friends of mine. Mostly FB friends that I went to highschool with.... So, it wouldnt be right for me to ask them not to include her.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What would you do?

• Options
    Sounds like some real housewives of _____ shiz. She does sound like she was wacky, but I've found that some of the people I was distant from in high school are much nicer now. But then again, I'm not planning to hang out with them on a regular basis.

I'd probably go and keep very guarded until I could figure out if she's still bat shiz cray cray. She may be, but she may regret being such a dbag.

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• Options

I would wipe your hands with the whole thing.

A lot of things can change from childhood to adulthood so maybe she has changed as well. I would give the group a try and if things go south with her then you can gracefully back out. If things are okay then you have an opportunity for you and your LO to participate in some fun activities. You never know unless you try.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Can I ask how long you've been out of HS? I'm asking because I know a lot of girls who were AWFUL in HS and have since "grown up" and become totallyd different people. I wasn't a bad person in HS, but I know that I have made a lot of changes as well. I have been able to see and re-connect with some people I knew in HS that are so different you wouldn't even think they were the same person. I say you give it a try, if she starts shiit just leave the group and tell your friends why.
  • Options

Ive been out of highschool for 8 years. I realize people change, but shes seriously still crazy. Her FB isnt private, and the crap she posts is just so nuts. I feel like Im taking a trip back to HS when I read the crap she posts. My husband and I were Christmas shopping at the mall this past Christmas, and clearly I was 8 months prego. She ran into my BFF at a bar, and she asked her how I was. When BFF told her I was great and that I was having a baby in 2 months... she replied "I saw her at the mall. I just thought she had gained like, 75 pounds".. Im cringing right now..

I guess Im more asking..... How do I decline after I said I would def join?

• Options
    Yeah I would just avoid her completely and keep the crazy out of my life if I were in your situation.
  • Options
    imageAngtru18:

I guess Im more asking..... How do I decline after I said I would def join?

I was just say that it doesn't work out for you right now and you'll let them know when a better time to join is. 

• Options

Can you say that the time they are meeting just doesn't work for you?  Blame it on a feeding/napping schedule?

I would definitely be leery of that situation.  Good luck!

• Options
    Yeah ppl can change but to me it wouldn't be worth the risk. You don't want her redirecting her crazy on your child. I wouldnt even tell your friends she's the reason you no longer want to join, it'll just get back to her.
  • Options
    Yikes! Sounds like a bad lifetime movie. I would probably stay away from the group or maybe try to do things outside the group with the normal ones if possible.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks for the input ladies. I guess I just dont want to hurt the feelings of the 2 that created it.

And yes, def a bad life time movie. Shes a horrible person.

• Options

My HS group decided to get together this past Jan (I thankfully was in labour and missed out). Ya, there's a reason ppl drift away after HS and stop talking. 2 of the girls who were selfish crazy biatches back then got smashed and were literally brawling in the parking lot of Boston Pizza by the end of the night. The other crazy biatch kept texting me from my friend's phone about how much she loved me (we were NOT friends in HS or after, she was very much like the girl you speak of)...ya, keep your past in your past. Find another mommy group! I have little faith in people changing. lol And from the sounds of it, this chick has not!

Not worth the drama.

:o)

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"