Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Nap...Help

My daughter is 8 months old and she only naps 20 min in the morning on the way to the sitters  and half hour in the after noon and 30 min (in the car on the way home ) ... is this normal? or she just dont want to sleep? because at 630-7 she is not a happy baby but if i put her to bed she is up at 4 instead of 6am when i put her down at 8. any tips to at least get her to nap longer in the afternoon?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Nap...Help

• This tip comes from the "No Cry Sleep Solution"

I had to sit next to DS while he was napping and right when he started to stir, pat on his back until he got back to a deeper sleep cycle. I only did it once but it lengthened his nap from 30 minutes to between one and two hours. *Knock on wood*.

We did this concurrently with CIO for bedtime. CIO didn't work for naps for us. I'm not sure if the combination had anything to do with it but it's worth a try.

Also, No Cry Sleep Solution suggests sitting outside the door and going in when you hear them stir, but LO woke up too fast, I had to be sitting next to the crib.  

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Well if your sitter is the one handling naps, you will have to work something out with him/her.  The cat nap on the way to the sitter is probably throwing your LO off.  I am wondering if then keeping LO up and active/well fed for 3 hours..would lead to a better nap.  I would imagine LO is showing signs of being tired (slower movements, glazy eyes, rubbing eyes, fussy).  Is your sitter aware of these?  I would try to find out how long LO can stay awake and then figure at what point he/she gets tired.  Honestly at 8 months, I would tell the sitter to look for tired signs and then put LO in a crib and not to return for at least an hour.  Hopefully you guys can build up to a good 2 or 3 hour nap.  GL
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"