Multiples

Intro....and still in shock

Hi everyone.  I just found out I was pregnant last week, saw one heartbeat, everything looked good.  Had another u/s today because I had so many fertility issues getting pregnant he wanted to see me again.....and SURPRISE! Two babies.  I am in shock.....excited, but scared as hell.

The other thing freaking me out is that at this point he didn't see a membrane between the babies, meaning possibly one sac.  But he said it may be too early to see it.  Did anyone else have this happen in the beginning?

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Intro....and still in shock

• Welcome Erin!!!!  My LO's are frats so, I don't have any advice for you but, wanted to say Congrats and Welcome!!!  : )
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Welcome.  I have fraternals too but I can tell you that there membrane was very visible from early on.
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married 7/11/09 TTC #1 Since 05/10
    BFP #1 09/20/10 Natural m/c 10/05/10
    BFP! #2 04/21/11... Beta 16 DPO: 437, 18 DPO:1446 Ultrasound 6w6d TWINS!
    Annabel & Sophia Born 11/28/11 at 34w6d
    BFP #3 10/4/16... Beta 13 DPO: 145, 15 DPO: 367 12/1/16 It's a GIRL!

• Don't worry about the membrane just yet. Just enjoy the shock. :)Congrats and welcome!
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • imagepea-kay:
    Don't worry about the membrane just yet. Just enjoy the shock. :)Congrats and welcome!

Pretty much this! Mine are ID and we didn't see their membrane until a bit later on. Congrats!

• Congrats and welcome!  Mine are ID, but I never had a really early u/s.  We could barely see the membrane at 10+ weeks.  I think it's pretty common, so try not to stress and enjoy the "twin shock"!
  • Congrats & Welcome!  Yes, it is shocking, exciting, and scary all it one.  They saw two sacs for me, so no advice there.  I hope everything works out great for you.
    TTC #1 since October 2008. Dealing with MFI.
    IVF #1 w ICSI in July 2010 = BFN
    IVF #2.1 in Oct 2010 converted to IUI = BFN
    IVF #2.2 w ICSI in Dec 2010 = BFN
    Met with new RE in new city on 1/31/11.
    IVF #3 w ICSI in April 2011. HPT on 5/9 = BFP!
    Beta #1 on 5/10 (10dp5dt) = 99.4. Beta #2 on 5/12 = 284. First u/s on 5/26. = Fraternal TWINS!
    Twin boys born & lost on 8/16/11 at 18w1d due to PPROM & preterm labor.
    IVF #4.1 in Jan 2012 converted to IUI on 1/7/12 = BFN
    IVF #4.2 w ICSI in Feb 2012. Lupron on 2/10. Stims on 2/18. ER on 2/29- 7R,6F
    ET scheduled for 3/5/12- nothing to transfer :(
    Dh seeing new MFI uro & Dh starting meds- June 2012.
    IVF #5 in Dec 2012 = BFFN.
    IVF #6 planned for Spring 2013. Praying for our take home baby/ies.
    **P/SAIF and P/SAL always welcome!**

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Congrats and welcome!
  • jcathjcath member

Congrats and welcome!  It took me a good week or so to recover from serious shock - I actually have no memory of driving home from the u/s appt. :)

We didn't see a membrane until 12 weeks despite u/s every two weeks from 6 weeks on so don't worry yet.  Some ladies on this board have seen it even later - the odds are on your side that you'll find one.

• Congrats!!

I don't have any advice on the membrane.  I don't recall whether they saw it or not at 8 weeks, but definitely at 12. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • They didnt see mine till like 15 weeks, so dont worry :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"