Upstate NY Babies

**JnK**

Did you have your 12 wk ultrasound? If I remember correctly it's abdominal, right? Do you need to have a full bladder? Nobody told me anything and I have mine Tuesday.  Thanks!

Re: **JnK**

• Yup, just had it today!  They told me I did NOT have to have a full bladder.  And yes, it is the abdominal one.  Yay for no more dildo cams right?

The measurement came back nice and low: 1.15 so that is great.  We never did get the measurement for dd, she was never in the right position and they tried 2 different times.  She showed us a bunch of the heart valves fluttering away which was wonderful.  I think she said it was 160, which is down from 176 or something like that at my last u/s.  And at one point the cord showed up which was pretty cool - I never remember seeing the cord at all for dd.  It looked so big next to the baby.

And towards the end I said "So, it is probably too early to tell the sex right?"  And she said that sometimes she has a pretty good idea.  So I was all "Really, what would you say this baby is?"  And she said she thinks boy!  I have been feeling boy....so far everything has been the complete opposite from last time.  But other than clothes it doesn't really matter as far as preparation.  The second bedroom is already blue, but I would have just made the color scheme blues and purples had it been a girl.

• Holy cow!!! That is so cool that you may have found out so early!  I wonder if it will be too early to guess with me, since I'll only be 11w4d when we go. I had a feeling that you were thinking boy because of your blue pregnancy ticker ;-)

To be honest, I haven't even thought too much about the sex of this baby. I guess I'm waiting until after the 12 wk mark because of my history, but I would assume it's another girl. We know that at least 2 of our last 3 babies were girls (we never did testing on the first loss.)

Congrats on a great ultrasound, PIP when you get a chance!!

• Loading the player...
  • Ya, I have definitely been thinking boy.  But I figured that even with a girl, the colors would be blue, so I went with it haha.  We will see if she is right!  I certainly never even thought to ask about the sex so early with dd.  But the last couple days I have read some posts over on Jan '12 about people finding out early sex guesses so I figured I would give it a shot.  I will be thinking of you on Tuesday!

• imagejnk062602:

Ya, I have definitely been thinking boy.  But I figured that even with a girl, the colors would be blue, so I went with it haha.  We will see if she is right!  I certainly never even thought to ask about the sex so early with dd.  But the last couple days I have read some posts over on Jan '12 about people finding out early sex guesses so I figured I would give it a shot.  I will be thinking of you on Tuesday!

I was just reading about that over there too! "The angle of the dangle" made me crack up!  :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"