Secondary IF

Freaking out a little...7 follies

Hi Ladies,

So, earlier today, I posted my intro story and asked a question.  I really thought nothing of the fact that I wrote I had 7 follies at my CD 10 u/s (I took Femara).  I am new to this process and maybe things weren't properly explained to me at my appt?  I am now freaking out a little because a poster said she was surprised my Dr. advised that although it was to late for the IUI, that we should go home and have sex.  I guess b/c apparently, this can cause multiples.  At my initial consult with my Dr., he said that there was a lower chance of multiples with Femara (maybe 3-4%) than with Clomid (I did Clomid for 2 months) and that was really all that was mentioned about the whole multiple issue.

So, here I sit at CD 25, freaking out a little....help! 

Jen Mom to Benjamin, born 9/28/06 TTC # 2 since 7/2010 Unexplained IF 1st round of clomid April 2011 BFN 2nd round of clomid May 2011 BFN 1st round of femara June 2011 BFN 2nd round of femara with ovidrel and IUI #1 July 2011 BFN 3rd round of femara with ovidrel and IUI #2 August 2011 BFN 4th round (ahhhhh!!!!) of femara with ovidrel and IUI #3 converted to TI September 2011 ???

Re: Freaking out a little...7 follies

• I took Femara also, for the same reason. My RE prefers there to be 3-4 follies maximum with monitoring. We did not do IUI, just TI. Do you have any issues with DH's counts or anything? Maybe he things the chances of conceiving without IUI are small? Did you trigger too? I can't really answer for your RE but I do know my RE would have told me to stay far away from DH with 7 follies, but DH is very, very fertile, and my issue was immature egg production...

ETA: I did Femara and got PG on the first round so I can only tell you my minimal experience. I had 2 follies, one on each side. We triggered and did the TI. I only have 1 baby, not two, so don't think you will have all 7 if you are PG. It is a possibility, but a small, small one.

Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
    After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • When I read your original post, I wasn't sure if you just had 7 follies all together or 7 mature follies.  What matters is the number of mature follicles.  I was guessing that it was just follicles in general not necessarily mature since they did not trigger you at that time.  Did they do a cycle day 3 ultrasound to look at the number of follies then?  When I was doing clomid they did an u/s on cd3 to make sure everything looked good (no cysts, follicles developing, etc.)  At that point I usually had about 10 follicles.  Then, I would go back in on cd14 and they would do another u/s where they would look for mature follicles.  At my RE's office they consider anything over 20mm mature, but I think they do end up counting 18 and 19mm follicles as mature as well. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"