Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Milk with Fever?

My son has a low grade fever, I am pretty sure he is teething. When I told my friend about it my friend said not to offer him milk and to give pedialyte instead.

I have never heard not to give milk and when I looked it up online the answers varied back and forth. So what is the deal with this? Is this a misconseption or should I really limit his milk intake.

He doen't want food he just wants milk, so it seems odd to try to give him pedialyte if he doesn't have diarrhea.

Re: Milk with Fever?

• My daughter had a fever while teething last week. I called the health line (program where you can talk to a registered nurse).

She said to keep her drinking and don't worry about food. She said that we could try pedialyte if she didn't want milk. Since your little guy wants milk I would stick with milk.

The only reason to offer pedialyte is to avoid dehydration so as long as he is having a normal amount of wet diapers I would worry about pedialyte.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was told this when DD had a high fever a month ago.  They said because when their body temp gets that high the might can make them sick and throw up.  That is mostly what she wanted and she kept it down fine.  

If he did start to throw it up then you could change over.  I didn't worry much about it as long as she stayed hydrated.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"