June 2011 Moms
Options

Swelling in one foot?

So I am 9 days pp... I had a c-section. My left foot has gone down completely but my right foot has stayed swollen. It isn't nearly as bad as it was early on, but no matter what I do it still stays pretty swollen. 

Anyone else have this happen to them? Any ideas? I elevate!  

Re: Swelling in one foot?

• Options

I have a similar experience. No c-section, 'though. I was induced. I had significantly more swelling in my right ankle/foot than in my left. It changed over the course of 12 days. Sometimes they were almost even, and sometimes my right was just so much larger! It's hard to explain, but I wasn't worried. My sister has had two c-sections, and said her swelling didn't go down until 12 days pp, which coincidentally was the same for me. Maybe b/c of the effects of the fluids given, and no so much the method of delivery.

I had been given cervidil, cytotec (had no idea it was so controversial at the time), 2 bags of saline, pitocin (no sure how much), an epidural for a few hours (turned off 90 minutes before pushing, fun), and penicillin (GBS pos).

Idk if you see any similarities, but that's what I had. Nothing helped my swelling. I would sleep the entire night with my legs propped up on a couple pillows and folded blankets, and would wake up to less swelling, but give me ten minutes of being up and moving and BAM there it was again. I soaked my feet, I got massages (super sore on the tops of my feet tho), I elevated  even over two feet for long periods of time, drank more water, attempted more physical acticity...no, no, and no again :( ugh. Day 12 I woke up to...feet! normal feet! Still a bit sore on top, but that gradually subsided. yay. Sorry, I suck for advice, but nothing helped ease the swelling for more than short bursts. Just take your pain meds, and be very careful moving around. I couldn't fit into my shoes, so I wore flip flops, and they are not good safety-wise.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"