Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Still have that anchor feeling?

For background: My D&C was almost 4 weeks ago.

When I was pregnant I had a pretty strong anchor feeling very low in my pelvis. I suspected that was where the baby had implanted and the placenta was growing. Wouldn't you know that when I had my first ultrasound, the tech found the baby in that exact spot.

Every once in a while I still get a little bit of that anchor sensation in that same spot. My D&C was successfully complete. I even ovulated about a week ago (chart link in siggy).

I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced this. I wonder how long I might continue to feel it. Perhaps it is a phantom reflecting of the fact that I still wish I was pregnant with this baby. Whatever it is, I find it odd.

TTC #1 since January 2011
BFP#1 April 12, 2011, EDD December 24, 2011, strong heart beat at 7w3d, d&c at 10w6d
BFP#2 Oct 24, 2011, natural miscarriage, EDD unknown
After RPL testing my losses and subsequent infertility are considered unexplained.
Cycle #22: Femara, TI, and progesterone = BFP!! 
BFP#3 Dec 21, 2012. Beta #1 @14dpo = 134, progesterone 67.8. Beta #2 @ 17dpo = 664! Team green, EDD 9/1/13, healthy baby boy born 9/12/13!
imageimage  My chart.

Congratulations to the fabulous KGS2003! Her sweet boys are here! Grow boys grow!!!

Re: Still have that anchor feeling?

• Options
    My m/c was natural so I have never had that feeling but if I had to guess I would say it is a phantom type feeling. Have you asked a doctor or nurse about it? Maybe it's more likely to happen is an D&C?
    BFP 1: 3/25/11 -- m/c: 4/21/11 @ 9w 2d

imageimage

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Daisypath Wedding tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Semper Fi! - A proud female Marine

• Options

Sounds like a phantom type thing.  My D&C was a week ago and I swear I feel the baby moving at times.  I think it's all in my head, wishing there really was a baby in there moving.

I would still ask your doctor about it though. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was having the exact same feeling, my OB even did an u/s to check that I didn't have a cyst of something...based on my scan they couldn't find anything "wrong". I have tried to put it out of my mind for now. It is hard to accept that it is all in my head, but by the looks of things that is true in my case. 

If it keeps up I would totally ask your dr.  

Married my best friend 6/28/08
    DD born 4/3/10 BFP 4/9/11 missed mc @10w4d- forever loved
    BFP 8/21/11 EDD 4/29/12
    imageimageimage Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageangelakh:

Sounds like a phantom type thing.  My D&C was a week ago and I swear I feel the baby moving at times.  I think it's all in my head, wishing there really was a baby in there moving.

I would still ask your doctor about it though. 

I have the EXACT same feelings sometimes. I know it is all in my head!

I totally agree talk to your doctor about it!

BFP#1 1/04/2008 Liam Joseph born 09/26/08 @ 37 weeks BFP#2 5/8/2011 MC Found 06/20/2011, D&C 06/21/2011 @ 10 Weeks "Sometimes love lasts a moment. Sometimes love lasts a lifetime. Sometimes a moment is a lifetime."
  • Options
    I think that you should talk to your Dr just to be sure but I still "think" that I can feel Addy moving in there sometimes. I think it's just the want for this whole thing to be a dream :( sorry!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"