Eco-Friendly Family
Options

NEFR: Daily Deal CD Waste of $$?

I was just eyeing the daily deal sites and the one on BabyHalfOff has me curious. Have any of you heard of "Baby Clean Fun: A Mother's Prescription For Trying Times" CD or does anyone have a copy with feedback? I know this is still early to be thinking about but since it's our first child I don't know whether this would be helpful or useful. I guess at the very least, it may help with the fact that I remember NO nursery rhymes or children's songs so I feel I will have nothing fun to teach them lol Plan to get a Mother Goose book though to brush up on that! Anyone just wondering if anyone uses something like this :]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NEFR: Daily Deal CD Waste of $$?

• Options
    Never heard of it!
    Mama to two boys and a girl: J (6 yrs), C (4 yrs) and A (4 mo)
    Posts on cloth trainers/PLing
  • Options
    While I haven't heard of that, you should check out the book Slow and Steady, Get me Ready. It has a weekly activity for parents to do with LO every week from birth through age 5 (I think).

She is very thorough in descriptions of each activity (even the week about singing the alphabet has a page long description), so sometimes it felt like she thought her readers were dumb. However, she really is just trying to make all the activities accessible/understandable to everyone.

Some activities are better than others. But it's a great place for ideas.

Also, imo, readers should disregard the milestone list at the back. Or at least the part on the bottom where she tells you that if your LO isn't doing so many of them, they are either slightly delayed or very delayed. (One of the milestones for by the end of the first year is walking independently. Plenty of children walk later than that who are not delayed in any way. And playing peekaboo was a milestone. I think a kid could grow up just fine without that.)

Oh, and regarding nursery rhymes...you'll probably remember more than you think once you get going. And you can always get a CD of kids songs. I got a collection of kids' music CDs off of enay. J. loves listening/dancing to them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    njh514njh514 member

Although I can't stand her voice, I use Dr. Jean's songs in my kindergarten classroom for daily routines. I put on a song for cleaning up, getting ready to go, getting ready for lunch, lining up, etc. It's nice because it's the song that's telling them what to do, not me. I don't feel like I"m barking orders at them all of the time. The best part is that there is a set amount of time that they have to complete the task. If they're not done by the end of the song we know they weren't doing their best and they have to try again. So, for me and my class, things like this have worked. Granted, I haven't heard this one in particular, but things like this CAN work.

The bad part? I read "CD" in your title and thought this post was about Cloth Diapering being a waste of money. i came in here all riled up. Embarrassed

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagenjh514:

The bad part? I read "CD" in your title and thought this post was about Cloth Diapering being a waste of money. i came in here all riled up. Embarrassed

LOL - so did I - I didn't figure out until your post that it was a sound cd.  

I looked online to remember certain nursery rhymes, if that's all it really is.  Got a free Gymboree activities book from a friend out of what she had and did find some of those good to get ideas at least. 

• Options
    Definately helpful, I'll keep that book in mind for my 'wish' list lol and oopsies on the CD mix up.. I noticed it myself after the fact, I have been suprisingly even more absent minded lately [didn't think that was possible] :-x
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"