Multiples

When did your toddler stop napping?

Right now, I couldn't be happier with DDs napping! They sleep, like clock work, from 12:30 to 2:30 every day. This allows me to get caught up on housework, shower, and even take a quick nap (which I'm finding is becoming more of a need than want in this pg!). This 2 hour window in my day really helps!!

Anyway, I'm sad to think of when this nap thing will end with my girls....

Any experiences appreciated! 

TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: When did your toddler stop napping?

• Emerson napped every day from 8 months to 2.5 years (1:30-4:30).  It was fabulous.

I don't see Hudson and Landry ever napping this well-ever. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I only have one kid right now. She is 3 yrs 2 months and still naps for 1.5-3 hours a day. Truth be told, I'm not sure how much of it she sleeps,  but she's required to take a rest each day. My niece is 5 and still has a rest time each day too. She usually doesn't sleep, but reads in her bed. Either way, 5 years old and my sister is still getting a break each day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I know I'm in the minority here, and I count myself really lucky, but all of my girls take a nap together from about 1-4 every day, sometimes less. I've always been super strict about naps though, and make it a point to always be home for them. They don't nap if we go to a family party, for example, but it's a rarity for them to get out of it. They dint put up a fight, and I think it's because they don't know any better. Stay consistent, and hopefully you'll have similar luck :). It's definitely my sanity saver here!!! Oh, and they are all in bed by 8 every night still, so it doesn't effect bedtime for us.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Mom to Megan(5), Bridget(4), Tessa and Annie (2) and Mary (brand new)

• DS1 stopped napping at home at about his second birthday, but he still naps at preschool. So I assume if I were more consistent, he would nap at home too.
  • They stopped napping at 2 1/2 when we moved them to toddler beds. Once they had that freedom to get out of bed, they would not settle down and ended up rough housing or trashing their room. So official naps went bye bye. They only way I can get them to nap in their beds is if I lay down on the floor in between their beds and make them be quiet and settle down and once they are asleep I can leave the room. I only do this on days we have some family event that will have us out late that night until say 10pm or later. My girls only seem to need 11 hours of sleep anymore and they get that overnight. They sleep from 9pm to 8/8:30am.

We start preschool in the fall and will have to get up at a set time on the mornings they have school, so I am thinking naps may come back in the afternoon or they will have an even earlier bedtime (yay).

Some days I do miss the free time for me, but the days they nap they will not go to bed until like 10 or 11pm and that is cutting into my me time at night. I could probably get them to go back to napping if I got them up earlier in the morning instead of just letting them sleep. But I am not a morning person and I love the days they sleep until 9am.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"