August 2011 Moms

little mini freak out just now

So I work in HR (specifically Benefits) and I"m responsible for all of the leaves of absence/maternity leaves in my company. I usually meet with expectant mothers and tell them that about a month before their due date they should start the process of applying for leave, bring their paperwork to their doctor that point, etc.... well I just realized.... I will be at that point next week!! AHHHHHHH That just made everything really real for me haha. Thank god I remember too because I have a doctors appointment on Tuesday so I"ll have to make sure to bring my paperwork with me! Anyone else have a holy crap this is happening soon moment??

Re: little mini freak out just now

• A little! I just posted that tomorrow we can all officially say that we are due next month!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • our baby is being delivered july 26th assuming he doesnt come on his own volition sooner. i was just panicking over this at lunch with my husband. suddenly he is cool, calm and collected and simply excited to meet our baby, whereas i am stressing. this is a role reversal, for sure.  
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, I'm kind of there with you. I'm contract so I'm kind of feeling like I should work right up until I have the baby. But lately I've been freaking out about how if I do that, it means I will need to take time to do invoices and update people after I have the baby so they can pick up where I leave off. Now I've decided that I'd like to pick a date to make it my last day, but then I'm worried about what if I do that and then end up being two weeks late or something. I've missed out on two weeks of billable work. Ugh! I don't know what to do.
  • YES! A friend reminded me that it would be absolutely normal is baby decided to come in 3 weeks (at which time I will be 38 weeks along).. ummmm... 3 weeks??? AHHH!!! :)
  • At work we rotate every 16 Saturdays and my next Saturday to work is Dec 17th. I'm taking off 4 months, but I'll be back at work by then so I'll have to work it. I just realized I'm going to have to find a babysitter!!! (hubby works every Saturday) I'm a FTM, so this very new to me. It just hit me that I'm going to have an actual baby to care for and think about who's going to watch him when I can't! Kinda freaked me out a little :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was just looking through all of that paperwork for myself yesterday. Yikes.  I can't believe it's all coming to an end/beginning so soon!
  • megd06megd06 member

imageJenJune3:
    A little! I just posted that tomorrow we can all officially say that we are due next month!

this thought occurred to me last week when I was talking to a friend...and it made me a tad nauseous, haha! To make me freak out even more, this friend I was talking to has a baby who was born sept 14---about 15 days after my due date, so everytime I see her, it hits me "By this time next year, I will have an infant THAT age!"

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"