Babies: 6 - 9 Months

If you have family watch LO while you work

Does that affect when you're thinking about TTC again?  My mom watches DD on M/T and my MIL watches her on W/Th (I'm off Fri-Sun).  My mom is 61 and MIL is 63 (I think) and I'm not so sure how we'll they would do with, say, a 2 year old and an infant at the same time.

I mean, I'm not sure how I would handle it myself!  Anyone else?

Re: If you have family watch LO while you work

• We aren't planning on having another one until DS is going into school, or until I can SAH. We have always felt this way, but my dad watches DS 3 mornings a week, and I KNOW he couldn't handle two.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • See, ideally, I think we would probably start TTC around DD's first birthday.  That was the plan before she came along anyway.  But now that she's here, I just don't think they could handle two full days with an infant and a toddler.  I've thought about maybe getting DD in a mother's morning out program so she would be gone half the day...

I should probably discuss this with my mom/MIL but I have a feeling they'll be all "ooh another baby, of course we could do it, blah blah blah" until the baby actually gets here.

• Loading the player...
  • My mom watched DD and I think she would be fine with 2. A relative on one side of my family (I guess she would be my 2nd cousin?) watches all of her grandkids most days, and I think she's up to like 7 now, haha. They're all of different ages, but she handles it just fine, she loves it!
    and i thought i loved you then <3<a href="http://daisypath.com/">Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Missed Miscarriage discovered at 9w6d
    D&E 10.27.2011
    I'll love you forever Baby Speck Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My mom watches DS two afternoons a week right now. Having a second kid in the childcare mix is a big part of TTC again.

We'll likely wait until DS is doing at least a couple days of preschool and we start to rearrange childcare schedule

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • My MIL watches DD Tue/Thurs and she goes to daycare Mon/Wed/Fri. She also watches our nephew a couple mornings a week, but only for a couple hours. He is only 6 weeks older than DD and she handles it just fine. However, she is quite a bit younger, I think 46 or 47. (She had DH very young.)

I also know BIL and SIL are trying for another one right now. We are planning on starting to try next year. So hopefully she can handle all the babies. She had 4 kids of her own and they were all very close in age, so I think she will be fine.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagelildancerbabe02:

My MIL watches DD Tue/Thurs and she goes to daycare Mon/Wed/Fri. She also watches our nephew a couple mornings a week, but only for a couple hours. He is only 6 weeks older than DD and she handles it just fine. However, she is quite a bit younger, I think 46 or 47. (She had DH very young.)

I also know BIL and SIL are trying for another one right now. We are planning on starting to try next year. So hopefully she can handle all the babies. She had 4 kids of her own and they were all very close in age, so I think she will be fine.

Wow!  I just can't figure out the logistics of watching two babies that are 6 weeks apart at the same time without any help!  Thank God I didn't have twins!  LOL.  What does she do at naptime?  Or lunch time?  Or any time they both want a bottle at the same time?  My mind is boggled.  :)

I know DD would mostly be able to take care of herself by age 2, so the instances I listed above probably wouldn't factor in...

Major kudos to your MIL though!

• I have a 3 year old and a 6 month old. My mom watched DS#1 from about 18 months on.   My mom is wonderful and very energentic, but two is BUSY (even for me!!) and I felt really guilty to ask her to watch both kids.  Plus, I felt like it was not fair to my 3 year old, who needs to be busy involved with other kids/running around... I did not want him home hanging out with my mom and the baby all day (driving them crazy).  So we put DS in a preschool for a few mornings a week (when he was about 2.5).  Now he attends 5 mornings from 9-12.  My mom then has the morning to relax a little and hang out with the baby (they go for walks, sit on the patio, etc).  My mom picks DS up from school, gives him lunch, then BOTH kids sleep for about 2-2.5 hours in the afternoon.  I feel like its a nice set up for my mom (not too crazy) and it gives my 3 year old a chance to get out and play/interact with kids his age.  It works really well for us!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"