Pregnant after IF

I wish...

Ignorant people didn't have freedom of speech. I am so shaking mad at a post I read on my birth month board. Basically she thinks reproductive technology has gone too far and some people should get that they weren't "meant" to have children and just adopt.

I don't know why it has me so shaken today. Usually I can brush ignorance off but seriously, that is so hurtful. What's worse is she's a pregnant woman with probably NO experience with IF. I've started several replies only to delete them.

Maybe I'm extra sensitive today. Embarrassed

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I wish...

• Try to not let it get to you.  It is an ignorant comment.

Are "crack heads" meant to have children, because they seem to have no problem getting pregnant?  What about teenagers, because they also seem to have no problem getting pregnant?  

Does she believe that people that get cancer are "meant" to suffer and die?

I don't think you are extra sensitive at all.  She is just ignorant.

• imagenjohnson1972:

Totally agree w/ this logic. 

IMO, reproductive technology is like any other medical advancement that is there to improve our lives and help us - just like treatments for diabetes, cancer, etc. 

If you are near-sighted, should you NOT get glasses b/c you aren't "meant" to see clearly?  It's ridiculous reasoning. 

TTC in 2008. Stage II/III endo, Hashimotos hypothyroid, low morph (3%).
    2 cycles Clomid/Ovidrel/TI/Crinone=BFN.
    IUI #1 - 4 Follistim/Ovidrel/IUI/Crinone = BFN.
    IVF #1 - Antagonist w/ ICSI 4/10. 17 retrieved, 5DT of 2, BFN :(
    IVF #2 - Long Lupron w/ ICSI 6/10. 15 retrieved, 3DT of 2, BFFN!!
    Lap 7/21/10
    IVF #3 - Clomid/Antagonist w/ ICSI 10/10. 14 retreived, 3DT of 3, BFP 10/20 but m/c. No HB 11/15/10 - D&C 11/17/10.
    FET - 2 blasts, 1 survived the thaw. Transfer 2/19. Beta #1 3/1 375, Beta #2 3/3 885, Beta #3 3/8 4261, Beta #4 3/11 9005. U/S 3/8 1 sac 1 yolk, U/S 3/16 1 heartbeat 114bpm!

James born Oct. 24th 2011 via c-section at 38 weeks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise BFP - Jack born April 28, 2013 via VBAC after PTL at 33 1/2 weeks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagenjohnson1972:

Try to not let it get to you.  It is an ignorant comment.

Are "crack heads" meant to have children, because they seem to have no problem getting pregnant?  What about teenagers, because they also seem to have no problem getting pregnant?  

Yes 

? We can only appreciate the miracle of a sunrise if we have waited in the darkness... ?

12/99 - Miscarriage at 12w - 6/08 - BFP - Miscarriage at 8w, 9/08 - BFP - Miscarriage at 8w2d, 12/08 - Found out I am a carrier of a Balanced Translocation between Chromosomes 8 & 16, 8/2010 - DE IVF = FAIL. 12/18/10 - Surprise BFP! Awaiting our Sticky Miracle! 12/20 - Beta #1-1208 * 12/27 Beta #2 - 6002 1/3/11 Beta #3 - 17,146. Beautiful little heart beating away! Stick little one, stick!

♥ Brielle Skye born August 17th, 2011 ♥ Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I know what you mean :(  sorry you were so offended today, I would have been too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    My Blog
    TTC since 4/09 - Dx PCOS 1/10, HSG: All Clear
    4 Failed Clomid cycles of varying degrees
    Clomid + Bravelle + Trigger + IUI = BFP!!
    Ectopic M/C 9/16/10 ~ Forever in our hearts <3<BR> IVF using Donor Eggs (DE) 6/11
    BCP+Lupron+Estrogen+DE ET+PIO = BFP!!!
    Beta #1: 507 #2: 1561 #3: 4,472 #4: 11,172

BFPBs Sul06, MrsW722 & SnowflakeBride06
    GL to Mari2003 and all of the rest of the 3T Ladies
    :) SAIFW :)
  • Wow that WAS bad! But I actually had no idea there were so many IFers on that board - I never introduced myself because I didn't feel I 'fit in' with them. I really can't believe she said that and secretly wish it had been it's own thread so I didn't have to scroll through all the others in order to read the responses. Notice how she didn't post her comment in the initial post, but instead waited for others to reply first? And the comment of flammability? Come on, if you KNOW its wrong to say, don't say it!!!! I would support you if you reply, even if I didn't introduce myself :)
  • Yep, I know all of this. It just really, really pissed me off today. And hurt. It makes me even more mad that an internet stranger can get me so worked up! Blah.

• imagesing4mysavior:
    imagenjohnson1972:

word 

Double word
  • imagenjohnson1972:

triple word! 

::PAIF/SAIF Welcome::

TTC since July 2008
    IUI 1,2,3 BFN
    IVF #1 C/P, FET 1,2,3 BFN
    IVF#2 BFP

it's a girl!!

• just saw the post! sick sick! i cant believe they would post that. it took a lot for me to not reply to their ignorance. ((HUGS)) thats why we have PAIF and i never post on those boards. 
    ::PAIF/SAIF Welcome::

TTC since July 2008
    IUI 1,2,3 BFN
    IVF #1 C/P, FET 1,2,3 BFN
    IVF#2 BFP

it's a girl!!

• I had to post on it, which I never do! Something about her ignorance just had me so fired up. ughhhhhh.
  • JenCWJenCW member

She's an idiot!!!!

I'm pretty sure that anyone who knows me, or meets me, or sees me with my children would 100% attest to the fact that I was absolutely meant to have children!

I am sooooo thankful for medicine and so un-thankful for ignorant morons.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"