Cloth Diapering

Building a stash - Flip/BG 4.0

I recently did a diaper trial and found that I liked the Flips and Bum Genius 4.0s the best.  I'm trying to figure out how many I really need to build a good stash, specifically Flips/Inserts.  I was gifted a bunch of BGs and I bought some seconds today from Cotton Babies.  I currently have (or have on the way) 8 BGs with Aplix and 5 BGs with Snaps.  That seems like enough pockets, is that right?  How many Flips/Inserts would you throw in to round it out?   Thanks for any advice! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Building a stash - Flip/BG 4.0

• I think having enough for 24 diaper changes is a good place to start, then expand from there.  Looks like you'll have 13 BG's so maybe add 3 Flip covers and a dozen inserts.
  • My stash is 12 BGs and 5 flips (12 inserts).  This has worked for me for every other day washings since he was one month old.  Keep in mind that getting to reuse the Flip covers doesn't happen too often until they start solids (or at least my DS - he pooped a lot of runny poops that weren't contained on the insert :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • How old is your baby?  A younger baby will need more diapers so that makes a difference.  I would say 20-24 changes is good if you have a baby older than 6 months.  I would do 3-4 Flip covers and 10-12 more inserts.  I would get some of the Flip organic inserts too for overnight.  You can use them in the pockets or in the Flip covers.

The Flips are on sale this weekend so good timing there!

https://www.cottonbabies.com/index.php?cPath=139

image Ethan 12.31.07 Lillian 4.1.11
  • Thanks for the good information, everyone!  And yes, great timing for the Flips sale!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesouthsideswedish:
    Thanks for the good information, everyone!  And yes, great timing for the Flips sale!

You could get the day packs and be good!  Use bestdeal for 5% off as well.

image Ethan 12.31.07 Lillian 4.1.11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"