Infertility
Options

Feeling hollowed out and sad after 5-day ET

I just had my ET (this is my first IVF attempt) on Tuesday -- and already I "just know" that it didn't work.  I have no basis for this, except for maybe the cynicism that I've built up over the past 2 years and 7 months of trying... and failing.  The little blast was AA and perfect according to my RE.  And my lining was good.  Everything was good.

So what makes me think this didn't work?  I don't know.  Because it seems like it rarely works on the first try for most women?  Because they only had me lay there for 5 minutes and then I got up and peed (and now I'm thinking that the emby is somewhere in the sewer system up in Rockville)?  Because I ate nothing but peanut butter M&Ms during my 24 hours of bed rest?

I knew the 2ww would suck. But I had no idea it would suck this much.

Re: Feeling hollowed out and sad after 5-day ET

• Options
    I'm sorry you are having a down day. I hope your feelings are wrong and you get your bfp.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    TTC since March/April 2010
    DX: MFI - less than 1 million sperm, 26% motility
    DH put on anastrozole to increase counts
    June/July 2011 100 mg Clomid + TS IUI#1 & IUI 2 - BFN :-(
    Forced break due to DH getting spinal surgery in August 2011
    IVF - January 2012: BFN
    FET in April 2012 - BFP at 6dp5dt! Beta #1 at 9dp5dt: 82.5, Beta #2 at 12dp5dt: 352 Beta #3 at 19dp5dt: 6000, saw heartbeat and one little bean at 5W6D!
    After nearly 3 years of waiting our LO was born December 18th 2012!
  • Options
    Try to stay positive, I know it's really hard after trying for so long, but if this IVF doesn't work it's going to hurt no matter what.  I guess I am telling you this as much as I am telling myself.  I am trying to think positive thoughts too.  Best of luck. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I just had my ET last Tuesday and today would be my first blood test! This is my first cycle as well and everything went great. So far i took 2 HPT and they both came out positive. Dont over analyze and just go with the flow. Stressing yourself out is not good. just take it easy, pray your baby into this world, stay off your feet and keep positive!

• Options

imagecutebride73:
    Try to stay positive, I know it's really hard after trying for so long, but if this IVF doesn't work it's going to hurt no matter what.  I guess I am telling you this as much as I am telling myself.  I am trying to think positive thoughts too.  Best of luck. 

Thanks :) Best of luck to you, too.  I think the odds are in our favor.  We just need to have faith that it's in the hands of someone other than the RE. 

• Options
    You mean your ET was on the 28th?  Or the Tuesday before that?

• Options

I completely understand how you feel. I am currently in the 2ww for IVF #2 and was feeling really positive and upbeat at first but since yesterday I have been feeling a little bit less positive, and like you for no reason other than, it did not work the first time so why would it work this time. I am trying to stay positive but this SUCKS!

ME- 35    DH- 40
    TTC #1 
    IVF#1 w ICSI- 4/20/11 ER, 6 Eggs, 4 Fertilized, 4/25/11 5 day ET, 2 blasts- 5/4- Beta= BFN- No Frosties 

IVF #2 w ICSI-6/21/11 ER, 4 Eggs, 2 Fertilized, 6/24/11 3 day ET 2 embryos- Beta 7/5/11- BFN- No frosties.
    NEW RE
    IUI #1- started 50ius of follistim 1/25, IUI 2/3/12 - BFN
    AMH-0.73- DOR 2/2012

IUI #2- 3/17/12 started 200ius of Follistim , 3/24/12 added ganirelix, 225ius Follistim and 75ius of repronex, IUI- 3/30/12, Beta April 13, 2012-BFN

Appointment with Dr. Schoolcraft at CCRM July 18, 2012
    WAITING ON A MIRACLE AT THIS POINT
    AMH tested again 1/2013- 1.4!!!!
    IUI #3- 1/14/13 started 200ius of Follistim, 1/20/13 added menopur and ganirelix, IUI 1/25/13. Positive HPT 2/6/13- Beta #1- 193- BFP!!! 2/8/13-Beta#2-426.6
    2/26 ultrasound #1- TWINS!
    Delivered a healthy beautiful baby boy on 10/17/13 10ls. 2 ounces

TTC #2 
    AMH .75 VERY POOR RESPONDER
    IUI #4 cancelled due to only one egg responding 
    IUI#5 cancelled on CD 10,  (3) follicules were still very small even on 300 IU's of Follistim. Also found fluid in my uterus from C-section scar
    BFP- 8/9/15 
    Beta #1 8/10/15 13DPO-   9.2 (fingers crossed this sticks)
    Beta #2 8/12/15 15DPO   39- progesterone 18 
    Beta #3 8/14/15    111- progesterone 17.5
    Ultrasound August 31- 

PAIF or SAIF Welcome

• Options
    Huge (((hugs)))...IF is such a mind fvck, so hopefully you will swing the optimistic direction tomorrow, sweetie. 
    TTC since 11/09
    Two C/P and Lots of Tests
    Me = LPD + cancer survivor, DH = low count and morphology
    IUIs #1-5, January 2011 - June 2011 = BFN
    IVF #1 in July/August 2011 = BFP!!!!!

BabyFetus Ticker
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."
  • Options

Aww hon. Try not to feel so down. You put in a perfect little embie and there's no reason to think it didn't work (although I had the same thought while sitting on that toilet in Rockville). I'm hoping things work out for you. I know I go back and forth in 2 seconds' time on feeling positive or negative. But I hope this is it for you and you can stop worrying soon.

SG's betas are torture though 'cause they make you wait so freaking long :(

Me (32) DH (30)

A Wordy Blog

Baby Evangeline is here!

• Options
    Aw, I'm sorry you're feeling down about this one. I think maybe after all this trying we expect to feel "different" somehow after a successful pregnancy, but really, we tell people all the time that it's far too early to feel symptoms and all that. I fully expect to feel something right after my FET in August, so I can see where you're coming from but really you have no real medical reason to doubt that this didn't work so try to balance out your expectations with reality, and above all else, take care of yourself.
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • Options

Hey I'm a first time IVF and I just got my BFP on a HPT (can I use anymore acronyms) this morning.  I go in for beta Saturday.  It CAN work on first timers and I've seen it work quite often.

You have to try your hardest to stay positive.  I think that is the toughest thing with this entire process. Not the shots or u/s, it's keeping the positive thoughts.  We transferred 2 and only one was the "best" at A.  

Sending you a big hug.  

• Options
    imagewordslikeswords:

Aww hon. Try not to feel so down. You put in a perfect little embie and there's no reason to think it didn't work (although I had the same thought while sitting on that toilet in Rockville). I'm hoping things work out for you. I know I go back and forth in 2 seconds' time on feeling positive or negative. But I hope this is it for you and you can stop worrying soon.

SG's betas are torture though 'cause they make you wait so freaking long :(

Aw, thanks. When is your beta?  The 12th?

I think the reason I'm feeling kind of negative is --- honestly --- the fact that they only had me lay there for 5 minutes.  That just seems wrong.  I've heard that a lot of places want you to lay there for an hour.  And then the fact that they said I could pee right away just didn't seem right.  I didn' t "push" at all, though.  Just kind of let it trickle out, slowly and painfully, since I was so paranoid. 

SG seems so good in all other respects.  I can't imagine that they would be wrong about this.  What do you think?

• Options
    imageCount Choculitis:

I think the reason I'm feeling kind of negative is --- honestly --- the fact that they only had me lay there for 5 minutes.  That just seems wrong.  I've heard that a lot of places want you to lay there for an hour.  And then the fact that they said I could pee right away just didn't seem right.  I didn' t "push" at all, though.  Just kind of let it trickle out, slowly and painfully, since I was so paranoid.

SG seems so good in all other respects.  I can't imagine that they would be wrong about this.  What do you think?

Our embryologist said there is nothing we could do to make the embryo fall out. I think someone explained it like putting something in cream cheese on a bagel.  The embryo is staying in. 

• Options

It sounds like you actually have a great shot, but I totally get this.  I was on a high the afternoon of my ET and have been down in the dumps, 150% convinced it didn't work, pretty much ever since.  And I really, really hate being told to "stay positive" (with apologies to those who mean it kindly, which is pretty much everyone who says it).  Either the embryos grew once they were put in me (they were behind), or they didn't, and my positivity level has nothing to do with that....

Anyway...I really hope you're wrong that it didn't work and that in fact, it did! But I completely get it.

me - 41 (dx: DOR); DH - 53 (no problems); 7/18/09 - married!; 8/4/09 - BFP on first (real)try; 9/14/09 - missed m/c; 9/15/09 - d&c; 11/09 - 3/10 - 4 natural cycles = BFN; 4/10 - dx hyperthyroidism caused by Graves' disease; 6/10 - thyroidectomy; 7/10 - 12/10 - 1 natural and 5 medicated IUI cycles = BFN; 1/11 - new RE; dx low ovarian reserve (AMH .42; 1/26/11 -- BFP (ectopic) from IUI #6; methotrexate 2/10/11; 6/2/11 - IVF #1 = BFN; 9/12/11 - prescreening for DE; 9/15/11 - IUI #7 (unmedicated)= BFN; 11/8 - begin DE cycle (shared risk program); 12/5 - ER (5 eggs/4 mature/3 fertilized/2 left by day 5) 12/10 - ET of one 1BB blast (expanded, "fair" quality), none to freeze; 12/22 - totally shocked by +hpt; beta #1 = 413; #2 = 3952 2/14 - CVS reveals a healthy baby girl! EDD: 8/27/12 DD born 8/31/12, 10 lbs 10 oz and perfect in every way. 
  • Options
    I think the negative feelings are a defense mechanism. I know we're all guilty of it. I think you're trying to protect your heart. (((HUGS))) and stay positive, best of luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"