Infertility

Has anyone had a follicle mature while on bcp?

I went in for a baseline today after 2 weeks of birth control, and my RE saw what at first we thought was a cyst, but combined with my estradiol of 197 he thinks it might actually be a mature follicle.   The nurse that called me seemed as confused as me, so I'm curious if my body is just this messed up or if this has happened to others.

I'm going in for more bloodwork tomorrow.  If the estradiol goes up, we will be triggering.  If the estradiol goes down he said he is comfortable with continuing with the plan of follistim starting July 3rd. 

TTC since 2010

lots of IUIs and 1 IVF all BFNs

FET currently on hold

photo guiness-1.jpg

Re: Has anyone had a follicle mature while on bcp?

• Seems odd to me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • not that this applies to you, but sometimes women with SUPER high FSH can ovulate right through BCP, esp. if it is a low dose.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am a bit late posting on here, but I just had a similar experience. I went in today for my baseline, and was told they see "something" though it looks like it's off to the side of my ovary, not on my ovary. I've been on estrace for a week and a half now. I have to go back in next week for another ultrasound and b/w to see what my body is doing, before I can start my bravelle/menopur. GL to you!!
    2/11 Diagnosis: DOR-AMH .62, LPD and MFI-4% Morph
    IVF #1-July 2011 7/9/11-Started Stims
    7/20/11-ER:No eggs in 4/5 follicles. Left the 5th follie intact and converted to an IUI
    8/3/11-Beta #1=BFN,
    Nov, 2011 BFP #1=m/c at 7 wks 3 days
    11/11-AMH .47, IVF #2 March 2012...or not!! Surprise BFP on 2/19. Beta #1=161. Beta #2 305 Our little miracle girl is on her way! Due Oct 29, 2012
    <a href="http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb461/andersenspics/?action=view
  • I ovulated on ocps. It was a dominant follicle with estradiol in the 150s. It was a military program that cycles 3x per year, so they drained it and went on with iVF. I don't think it always correlates to Fsh as my levels are typically 3-4.5. I think in the right circumstances, you would have been the girl who got pregnant on birth control....
    33 yo, DH with MFI Iui x4, Dec 2009 to Jan2011 all BFN.... IVF May 2011 BFP, mc June 2011 at 6.5 weeks, FET Oct 2011 BFP! Sweet baby girl born 25 June 2012** started adoption process Feb 2010, approved Oct 2010, failed match in delivery rooms Feb & Aug 2011... Birthmom called back 3d after we returned home. Aug 26 2011, our sweet baby boy comes home for good!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"