Breastfeeding
Options

BM still frozen after 2 days in the fridge.

So I decided to start rotating my freezer stash.  I took 2 bags out of the freezer to thaw in the fridge.  One bag is 6oz and one is 8oz.  After day one of thawing there were still significant ice clumps in both bags.  Today is day 2 and now I notice hat the 6oz bag just has a few tiny clumps but the 8oz bag is still quite lumpy.

How do you ladies defrost your milk.  What am I doing wrong? Oh in case it matters I am using  the Lansinoh milk bags. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: BM still frozen after 2 days in the fridge.

• Options
    mm&mmmm&mm member
    You must have a really cold fridge! If I need milk to thaw a little quicker, I will put the bag in a lukewarm-semi warm cup of water.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I soak my milk bags in a bowl of warm water to defrost them.  8 oz is quit a large amount to freeze in one bag though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    vigurlvigurl member

imageJKB1986:
    I soak my milk bags in a bowl of warm water to defrost them.  8 oz is quit a large amount to freeze in one bag though.

Ahh maybe I need to put less in a bag 

• Options
    vigurlvigurl member

imagemm&mm:
    You must have a really cold fridge! If I need milk to thaw a little quicker, I will put the bag in a lukewarm-semi warm cup of water.

Exactly!  So I have been having to use some of my fresh milk instead of freezing it all b/c I can't wait 2 days! 

• Options

I froze everything in 2-4oz pkgs, and I just started cracking into the stash this week. If I set several in a plastic container to defrost in the refrigerator, they are still crispy at 24 hours, but a very short time not touching each other on the counter usually finishes them off, less than an hour.

If you use the warm water method, consider putting the pkg inside a plastic bag first, so if it leaks while defrosting (lanisoh bags are notorious for it) you don't lose any milk into the water.

EPing resource blog: http://pumpingmoms.blogspot.com We want you to contribute your story!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"