Trying to Get Pregnant

Furbabies: Have any gross Furbaby stories?

Welp I am bored so I thought I would share my icky furbaby story that happened today and see if you all have any to share. My dog loves chasing lizards. He had one trapped behind a crate so I was dumb and decide to move the crate so it could get out and he would stop obsessing over it. When I moved the crate my dog lunged at the lizard and got it in his mouth. I screamed bloody murder! Then the lizard somehow escaped and started running straight toward me. I jumped up in a chair as fast as I could and it got away. Went to look at where my dog got it and saw it's nasty tail wiggling around on the ground still. SO GROSS! Guess he lost it in the battle.

Love to hear your stories. 

Re: Furbabies: Have any gross Furbaby stories?

• Oem617Oem617 member

That is very gross!

My story: One night as we were going to bed, (our dog sleeps right in between us), DH pet him goodnight and felt something at the top of his leg. We turn on the light and discover it is a tick. I know tick are not so abnormal, but we were grossed out. And then we had to pull it out. Ick! Now we are sure we never miss a dose of meds.

Not nearly as gross as your story, or as abnormal, but it is all I got.

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• imageashcurious:

That is very gross!

My story: One night as we were going to bed, (our dog sleeps right in between us), DH pet him goodnight and felt something at the top of his leg. We turn on the light and discover it is a tick. I know tick are not so abnormal, but we were grossed out. And then we had to pull it out. Ick! Now we are sure we never miss a dose of meds.

Not nearly as gross as your story, or as abnormal, but it is all I got.

TICKS are nasty!! Had to deal with those after a hike once on my pup. Yucky.
  • Loading the player...
  • My dog tried to attack a skunk. Enough said.

It was the grossest thing ever. I even had to throw away her collar. The smell was ridiculous.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagehuskymomma94:

My dog tried to attack a skunk. Enough said.

It was the grossest thing ever. I even had to throw away her collar. The smell was ridiculous.

How did you get out the smell even? Heard Lemon juice works okay. SMELLY
  • My furbabe barfed on my bed once. Ick.
  • imagekatiedollaz:
    imagehuskymomma94:

Ummmm....you don't. ha ha. No, the vet used this solution (after I tried to bathe her 10 times in a row with absolutely NO results), part peroxide. It def helped, but honestly, the smell lingered for MONTHS.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageMissMusic:

Ahhh that lizard story is gross!

OK, mine is poop related:

My dog (the beige one in my siggy) was a very sick puppy.  He couldn't stop pooping for like 6 months, and we'd often have to get up at night to wash his crate and give him a bath.  Anyway, one day when he was still very small I had him in the living room with me.  I fell asleep by accident on the couch on my tummy.  Eventually I woke up to a strange sound, like someone running their finger over tupperware.

I slowly turn my head to the side and my puppy's butt was just above my face, as he had climbed onto the couch and was laying on my pillow.  He was having a nasty bout of diarrhea and it was running down the pillow, centimeters from my head & face.  The tupperware sound was his gas.

I screamed and jumped up, but I was fine.  My couch, however, was not...the liquid poop was pooling between the cushions & back of the couch, like a poop waterfall running down the pillow & onto the couch. 

Ha Ha! I was wondering when we were going to get a poop story. Awesome.
  • The first day we had Murphy he started pooping by our sliding glass door and then all over our living room. While we will cleaning up one mess he would start another pile and finally there was just these long, wiggly orange items coming out of his tail. Apparently, the place we got him from gave him a dewormer the day we picked him up and did not tell us.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DX: Severe MFI 9/1/11
    Because of Undescended testicle at birth
    IVF #1 October BFN; 5 snowbabies
    FET: November/December 2011
    ET: 12/7/11; Beta 1: 12/16/11: 66 Beta 2: 12/19/11: 212! 1st ultrasound 1/3/12! Graduated 1/10/12: heartbeat 160
    SAIF Always Welcome
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagehuskymomma94:
    imagekatiedollaz:
    imagehuskymomma94:

Ummmm....you don't. ha ha. No, the vet used this solution (after I tried to bathe her 10 times in a row with absolutely NO results), part peroxide. It def helped, but honestly, the smell lingered for MONTHS.

I have heard a combo of baking soda and liquid soap gets the smell out, but I don't know from experience.

• imagePam MG:
    The first day we had Murphy he started pooping by our sliding glass door and then all over our living room. While we will cleaning up one mess he would start another pile and finally there was just these long, wiggly orange items coming out of his tail. Apparently, the place we got him from gave him a dewormer the day we picked him up and did not tell us.
    YUCK!! Yes, our puppy we just got had worms. Had to give him meds and saw the worm come out. SOOOOO GROSSS!!!
  • Ok, this could be a flame worthy unpopular opinion, but I can't stand cats. Like , I hate them. Really hate. My husband, on the other hand, loves any and all animals and brought a cat home one day. Awesome. 

Now, I love my husband, and he loves the cat, so I tried real hard to bond with this cat. I was pregnant with DS at the time and one morning when I came downstairs, I smelled a horrid odor coming from the kitchen. I walked in to a kitchen COVERED in cat spray! It was literally everywhere. I immediately vomited and then had to clean that and the spray. There was so much it was running down my cabinets below the counter. There was also spray on the top of my oven, inside the burners, and even after I cleaned it it smelled every time I used them. Seriously, spray on every counter in the kitchen.

That cat passed and I swear we will never have cats again. I'll stick with my dogs.  

• imageMissMusic:

I slowly turn my head to the side and my puppy's butt was just above my face, as he had climbed onto the couch and was laying on my pillow.  He was having a nasty bout of diarrhea and it was running down the pillow, centimeters from my head & face.  The tupperware sound was his gas. 

OMG! That is gross. I would of screamed!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Camera Backup 11.28.07 130
  • My one dog (smaller - about 15lbs) woke dh and I up in the middle of the night to go outside for an emergency #2 situation.  I took the dog out, bleary-eyed and half asleep, let him do his thing, then brought him back upstairs to get in bed.  Well, he sleeps under the covers in bed with us, so when I got back upstairs, he made a beeline for the top of the covers so he could scoot under them as per normal routine.  

I guess DH had the covers pulled up close by his head, so when the dog attempted to get under them, he brushed dh's head and woke dh up again as I was getting back into bed. DH was immediately like "what was THAT," to which I replied "the dog was getting back into bed," and DH said, "NO, something is on my face!" So I go to grab the dog, while DH bolts out of bed like someone stuck him with a hot poker, the room is of course dark, and he runs to the bathroom, as I run behind him clutching the poor dog, trying to figure out what was happening... I set the dog down on the bathroom floor while DH is yelling "did you wipe the dog's as$ before letting him back into bed?" while I am down on the floor and not looking at dh... claiming in half-asleep delirium that "...everything was okay, everything was okay..." all of a sudden I look up and there is this big nasty streak of dog poop right above dh's eyebrow where the dog's as$hole had brushed up against his face while trying to get back into bed. I took one look at it and started laughing so hard I was crying.  DH wanted to be PISSED so bad but once I started laughing it was all over.  

OMG that whole thing was hilarious.  We now refer to it as the "Sh!tstamp Incident." 

July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• Before Clover was totally house broken, I came home one day to find that she had Houdini'd her way out of her crate. I checked the bedroom for signs of messes and was happy to find none, so I thought we'd made some progress. I picked her up to tell her what a good girl she was and she sh!t-burped in my face. My precious little poo-eater.

EDIT: word

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • imagebrookelynpaisley:

Before Clover was totally house broken, I came home one day to find that she had Houdini'd her way out of her crate. I checked the bedroom for signs of messes and was happy to find none, so I thought we'd made some progress. I picked her up to tell her what a good girl she was and she sh!t-burped in my face. My precious little poo-eater.

EDIT: word

OH SOO FUNNY
  • imagekdodge423:

Our dogs (primarily our Brittany) like the chase the rabbits, and occasionally catch one. They had killed one and it was near our gate. I made a mental note to get it out of the yard before one of the idiots tried to eat it. I must have forgot and they moved it, so I thought it was gone. A few days later I found the rabbit, decomposing and covered in maggots. I figured at that point the dogs would leave it alone.

I let the dogs out again and had to go grab something out of the backyard near where the carcass was. Except it wasn't there. Surely they didn't...

Oh yes he did. Our Brittany was inside, in the living room puking up the maggoty, decomposing rabbit on our carpet. I scrubbed and scrubbed, but was still sucking up maggots when I shampooed the carpet months later.

I do have a sheep story that I think tops this one, but not by much. And they really weren't pets.

YOU WIN! I want the sheep story pretty please
  • imageHappyAardvark:

My one dog (smaller - about 15lbs) woke dh and I up in the middle of the night to go outside for an emergency #2 situation.  I took the dog out, bleary-eyed and half asleep, let him do his thing, then brought him back upstairs to get in bed.  Well, he sleeps under the covers in bed with us, so when I got back upstairs, he made a beeline for the top of the covers so he could scoot under them as per normal routine.  

I guess DH had the covers pulled up close by his head, so when the dog attempted to get under them, he brushed dh's head and woke dh up again as I was getting back into bed. DH was immediately like "what was THAT," to which I replied "the dog was getting back into bed," and DH said, "NO, something is on my face!" So I go to grab the dog, while DH bolts out of bed like someone stuck him with a hot poker, the room is of course dark, and he runs to the bathroom, as I run behind him clutching the poor dog, trying to figure out what was happening... I set the dog down on the bathroom floor while DH is yelling "did you wipe the dog's as$ before letting him back into bed?" while I am down on the floor and not looking at dh... claiming in half-asleep delirium that "...everything was okay, everything was okay..." all of a sudden I look up and there is this big nasty streak of dog poop right above dh's eyebrow where the dog's as$hole had brushed up against his face while trying to get back into bed. I took one look at it and started laughing so hard I was crying.  DH wanted to be PISSED so bad but once I started laughing it was all over.  

OMG that whole thing was hilarious.  We now refer to it as the "Sh!tstamp Incident." 

dying laughing right now
  • We do a lot of roadtrips, and our golden retriever usually lays across the back seat of the car. We purchased something we've called the "dog taco"; it's a tarp with loops on it that go around the vehicle headrests to create a U shape between the front and back seats. The thing protects the upholstery if she gets into the car after being on a muddy hike and whatnot. 

We drove 5.5 hours to my parent's lake place on the Friday of Memorial Day. Five hours is interstate highway, the last 30 minutes are on a winding back road, and then down a long hill. RIGHT as we got into town, and 3 blocks from my parents place, the dog vomits all over the back seat. We rolled down the windows and it looked like a Chinese firedrill as we pulled into my parents house. The dog taco paid for itself that night!

The dog was so excited to see my dad she ran through the pile of puke (dragged her tail in it) and then jumped up on my dad. My dad didn't understand what she had on her paws, but when he figured it out he started vomiting too. In the front yard.

"Oh for sh!ts sake."- my 84 year old grandma. Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagekdodge423:

Our dogs (primarily our Brittany) like the chase the rabbits, and occasionally catch one. They had killed one and it was near our gate. I made a mental note to get it out of the yard before one of the idiots tried to eat it. I must have forgot and they moved it, so I thought it was gone. A few days later I found the rabbit, decomposing and covered in maggots. I figured at that point the dogs would leave it alone.

I let the dogs out again and had to go grab something out of the backyard near where the carcass was. Except it wasn't there. Surely they didn't...

Oh yes he did. Our Brittany was inside, in the living room puking up the maggoty, decomposing rabbit on our carpet. I scrubbed and scrubbed, but was still sucking up maggots when I shampooed the carpet months later.

I do have a sheep story that I think tops this one, but not by much. And they really weren't pets.

HA HA HA omg.  I can definitely relate, having a dog that likes to hunt rabbits/squirrels/possums/skunks. Do your dogs bring them to you as a "present?"

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Our Boxer has a VERY sensitive stomach, so I have poo and puke stories for days. The worst though is the gas. She is literally the gassiest dog I have ever seen. She has this habit of farting and then walking to the other side of the room. One night around Christmass she farted so loud that she woke herself up, jumped off of her bed, knocked over the Nativity set, and ran out of the room. Then she came just back to the corner, peeked in, sniffed, and left! DH & I both lost it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
    ~*Lots of love to my BFPB's: mel66, MercierGirl, DBoo0510, & NewbieLisette*~
  • Lets see..oh heres one!

My cat jumped up on top of my china cabinet which almost touches the ceiling. I was on the computer and all of a sudden heard a sound like a bunch of water dropping to the floor from a tall distance. I looked up and my cat had puked from the top of the cabinet to the floor! It was everywhere!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My dog woke me up the night before last to go to the bathroom at 3:00 AM, I knew that wasn't a good sign. I was watching to see if he had Diarrhea, well he went and it was literally like water coming out of a fire hose and shot 5 feet behind him, I was gagging hosing it down for a half hour in the morning. It makes me sick just thinking about it.

BFP #1 Chemical Pregnancy

BFP #2 DS Bennett

BFP #3 Missed Miscarriage 8wks

BFP #4 Miscarriage 6 wks

BFP #5 Due August 10, 2015

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My poor dog Bailey had come back from a kennel while we were out of the country and was so stressed about the situation continued to have diarrhea for several days after. Even with medication from the vet at night we just had to kennel him to contain the poop in one area but it spilled out over the edges onto the carpet and he was covered in poop when we woke up in the mornings. I was gagging the entire time i had to give him a bath..He was so upset about it too
    Team Blue! BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagebrookelynpaisley:
    Before Clover was totally house broken, I came home one day to find that she had Houdini'd her way out of her crate. I checked the bedroom for signs of messes and was happy to find none, so I thought we'd made some progress. I picked her up to tell her what a good girl she was and she sh!t-burped in my face. My precious little poo-eater.EDIT: word
    I started laughing out loud at this one... Hilarious
    Team Blue! BabyFetus Ticker
  • I have a GSD with megaesophagus, so if she eats anything solid, it just sits in her esophagus until she regurgitates it later.

She's fond of the horse & cat buffet.

Just imagine for a moment.

The horse or cat takes a huge, steaming sh!t. The dog goes & eats her fill. But then, maybe 30 minutes, maybe 2 hours, later - she regurgitates the sh!t (plus a load of nasty slimy mucous) everywhere.

It's more nasty than you can imagine.

BUT I have a story to top it!

My Aussie... last month, she snuck into the bathroom garbage & feasted on these little toilet-paper wrapped treats that happen to show up every month (they even have a fun little string to play with!). Probably 10 of them, at least. I walked into the bathroom, & there was nothing left but a bunch of shredded paper. So, I pondered for a moment, & decided that inducing vomiting was a better option than explaining to my boss (a vet) why he needed to do an emergency GI blockage surgery, & then cautioning him about what he would find causing the blockage. So, I gave her peroxide & sure enough, she puked the most vile, disgusting pile of horrible nastiness. It was pretty much the grossest thing I've ever seen, & when you work at a vet's office, that says a lot! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"