Cloth Diapering

When to prep?

Due August 14th, and Ive got about 1/2 my stash so far (one more shower in a couple of weeks- after that, I'm buying whatever else I need).

I know the 'smart' answer is to go ahead and start prepping now, but seeing that I'm a procrastinator, when would be the LATEST you'd feel comfortable prepping for a newborn???

Re: When to prep?

• I'd prep as I got a load full - so if you only have a handful, I'd wait.  Also - prefolds, etc you'll want to prep now in small batches (assuming you will boil them for 20mins then wash/dry once for prepping). 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • These are AIO's right? How many times are they recommending you wash them?

realistically you can do it in a day if you want to sit by your washer :)

AHHH, I can't believe your due date is so close!

I guess I'd want them all prepped by week 38. 

• Loading the player...
  • I'm planning on prepping all my prefolds at once (in multiple batches of course) so I'm waiting until I get them all. I'm going to shoot for having them all ready by 37ish weeks, but if I dont get around to it for a while its no big deal, we're planning on using disposables for a week or two after the baby gets here any way.
  • imageManiacMcGee:

These are AIO's right? How many times are they recommending you wash them?

realistically you can do it in a day if you want to sit by your washer :)

AHHH, I can't believe your due date is so close!

I guess I'd want them all prepped by week 38. 

At the moment all AIOs- I know at least a couple people plan to get us CDs though, so I'm waiting before finishing out with AIOs or prefolds. Based on an average of recommendations, I was going to do 5 washes (and since I have no life, I can in fact sit by my washer all day... I'm a loser like that lol). 

I should probably start to prep them now, I have enough to do a full load... Now I just have to get off my butt and make that happen lol. 

• If you're hoping to CD from day one, I'd start prepping if you have enough to do a load, as PP said.

My guy came four weeks early. We didn't CD from day one (more like three weeks... nothing fit him; we didn't have prefolds.) But I hadn't even prepped the diapers once I had come home from the hospital... would've been nice to have them all ready to go. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"