2nd Trimester

How did your Fiance/husband proposed????

I'm interested in how your fiance/husband proposed.

My husband proposed while we was laying in bed and he slipped the ring on my finger without my knowing, then held my hand till he said will you marry me. Then let go of my hand.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How did your Fiance/husband proposed????

• I think you mean "proposed."

My DH proposed on top of the Empire State Building during a trip to NYC in December.

• My husband proposed on Christmas Eve 2004 at his parents house in front of the Christmas tree! I loved it and of course said yes, but we actually waited 6 years to get married (I was 19 and he was 21, life happened, our daughter came along, and we focused on being parents instead). So we got married May 7th, 2011 on our 7 year anniversary and it was perfect! I'm glad we took our time!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (uREA)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • DH recreated our first date - a night out in Seattle underneath the Christmas lights but added a horse drawn carriage and proposed during the ride :)

• I was studying for an exam in another state at the time.  He flew out to visit me for my birthday.  The engagement ring was in "my birthday present."  He had cut a hole in a book just big enough for the engagement ring.  I noticed a hole in the book when I thumbed through it and was about ready to tell him he better take it back when I noticed the hole got bigger and there was a ring inside.  He was so nervous he could barely talk.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My husband proposed at our town's the 4th of July fireworks in 2005, He timed it well, he waited till the grand finale. He slipped the ring on my finger and whispered in my ear, "will you marry me?". Of course i cried like a baby! Somebody actually thought we got in a fight and walked over to see if i was ok. I just showed them my ring! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersimage Photobucket
  • My FI proposed on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World. We met working at Animal Kingdom.

He made it very theatrical and did it 5 minutes before the Mainstreet Electrical Parade so everyone was off the street and sitting on the curb. Everyone cheered and clapped and they let us sit in VIP seating for the parade.

Before hand, he had snuck into Guest Relations while I was in the bathroom and got two "Just Engaged" buttons, so right after he put the ring on my finger, he put the pin on my shirt. :) 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh the envy. We never really had a proposal, we just started talking about getting married. Like 2 months into the relationship. We talked about what we would want and what we wouldn't and it became actual plans. By the time we had been together for a couple of years and were living together we decided on a date. My Uncle got married and we realised that since we had so many plans and the date picked out and most of the family knew we were going to get married, we had better just go get a ring and make a proper anouncement. The closest thing we had to a proposal was when we left the store with the ring, I put it back in the box and told my DH that I would wear it when he asked. He pulled it right back out again, PUT IT ON THE WRONG HAND and asked me to marry him lol. I was laughing too hard to answer. In our engagement announcement we jokingly put that he had thrown one of the taco bell 'will you marry me?' sauce packets at me. Some people actually believed it.
  • imagerachbenn2007:
    My husband proposed at our town's the 4th of July fireworks in 2005, He timed it well, he waited till the grand finale. He slipped the ring on my finger and whispered in my ear, "will you marry me?". Of course i cried like a baby! Somebody actually thought we got in a fight and walked over to see if i was ok. I just showed them my ring! 
    I love it! We got married on the 4th of July.
  • Mine was super lame, because I knew it was coming. We had bought the ring together and I was getting impatient b/c he held on to it for like 8 months.

He actually gave it to me in an envelope with some concert tickets for me and a friend (he worked at a radio station). I went to put the envelope in my purse and he said to look inside. So I saw the ring, and he was like, "this isn't the real proposal but I just want you to know that I'm going to give it to you soon." So he took the freaking ring back... how mean!

He ended up proposing for real a few days later at a park that I had to meet him at, where I got there before he did. 

Uggh, oh well. I just don't let him plan anything anymore!

BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• He took me out to dinner at my favorite restaurant.  He made reservations in the "fine dining" section and I was worried that he didn't know how expensive it was going to be (I was 22, he 23.)  While we waited for our table, then apps, I noticed he was drinking pretty quickly so I asked him if he was nervous?!  He played it off, then shortly before our dinners arrived he got up to go to the bathroom and as he started to walk away dropped on one knee.  He also arranged for our friends to be at the restaurant bar after dinner.  

Before the entrees was a BAD idea, I was too excited to eat my dinner and ended up getting whacked on celebratory drinks. 

• DH took me to the harbor we had our first date in and brought all of my immediate family in from out of state and they hid far enough away to where i couldnt see them but close enough to photograph everything and for us to hear their screams after.  He got down on one knee right where we had our first kiss. :)
  • It was the night of our 2nd anniversary. We went out to dinner at the Compass Room (a revolving restaurant on the top of the Phx Hyatt Regency). Then we went to Margaritaville for drinks and dessert. We walked around an outdoor area that has lite up fountains and he proposed! I didn't get my "down on one knee" moment but he's so amazing, I'll let that one slide.
  • imagecszlachta:

He took me out to dinner at my favorite restaurant.  He made reservations in the "fine dining" section and I was worried that he didn't know how expensive it was going to be (I was 22, he 23.)  While we waited for our table, then apps, I noticed he was drinking pretty quickly so I asked him if he was nervous?!  He played it off, then shortly before our dinners arrived he got up to go to the bathroom and as he started to walk away dropped on one knee.  He also arranged for our friends to be at the restaurant bar after dinner.  

Before the entrees was a BAD idea, I was too excited to eat my dinner and ended up getting whacked on celebratory drinks. 

That sounds like me at our wedding. We had excellent prime rib and brisket (many thanks to my brother in law and his family) but I could hardly eat a bite.
  • we had been talking about it for awhile so I thought it would happen soon .

anyways I flew to spend my birthday with him and he took me to a wonderful place "Mortons"  It was amazing and the night had been so good that I kinda thought I knew where it was going. I left to go to the washroom and I kept seeing the waiter and him talking anyways the night ended with no ring and a happy tipsy me. 2 days later I had to go back home and he suggested we go down to the Annapolis peer and go to a coffee house so we did and then we walked over to the peer and we were looking at the water. He looked really nervous and then I noticed he was watching at how many people were around. He got down on one knee and pulled out the little box, then started to ask me questions, Do you love me? could you imagine your life with me for the rest of your life? Would you marry me? I joked for a moment then smiled and said yes, we literally ran to a ring store to get it re sized before I left. It was pretty awesome. 

• My husband proposed to me on a college trip to Europe. We were in Paris standing under the Eiffel Tower....IT WAS A HUGE SURPRISE!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We had been planning a camping road trip to the Grand Canyon. Once we were there we went on a hike into the canyon (not all the way, that would have killed us lol) Once we got to a nice scenic spot, he said "I know you've been wanting a new picture of us for your office lets take it overlooking the Canyon." So we perched ourselves up on a rock and our friends held their camera's up and he pulled out the ring and proposed. Our friend gave him a hard time about not getting on one knee, but we were pretty precariously perched next to the edge so I'll let him slide on that lol.
  • My husband proposed via webcam from Afghanistan.  He was going to wait and ask me when he got home but he didn't want to wait 5 more months. Shocked the heck out of me... I was not expecting a web call and I definitely was not expecting a proposal :D  So we were actually engaged on two dates  November 14th and 15th.  When he got home he gave me a gorgeous engagement ring on my Birthday, but I can honestly say that my husband coming home safe from war was the best present I could have ever received!
    BabyName Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary PitaPata Dog tickers image
  • I had a terrible stomach bug and my husband said he would like to be able to hold my hair when I am sick for the rest of our lives. LOL  Getting the stomach bug messed up his plans but he decided to go ahead anyway. I am glad he did because I did start to feel better. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • On weekend trip to the coast back in 2005. He did it as the sun was setting and we were snuggled on a blanket. We just had our 5 year wedding anniversary : )
    Our wonderful baby boy, Kellen, was born on 12/27/07imageIAmPregnant TickerBabyName Ticker
  • We were on a cruise to the Bahamas and he suggested I put on a dress and we go for a walk... I was a little annoyed that he was trying to tell me what to wear! I put on a sun dress and we walked up to the ship's deck, we were just overlooking the water and he said it was too windy, then walked to a different part of the deck, i followed him, now that part of the deck was "so windy he couldn't hear me" annoyed i said "I didn't say anything!" and wondered why he was acting so weird... finally he said something sweet and took out the ring. I felt bad for being annoyed with him, he was trying so hard but was obviously so nervous! 
  • Thanks, this is a fun post. My DH and I like to hike and be in Nature.  He planned a hiking trip that was 4 hours from home.  We arrived at the trailhead and hiked into the Northern Most tip of the Continuous United States here in WA.  If you look at a map of the U.S., it's the small tip on the far upper left of WA.  It was December 5th, 2009 and happened to be a sunny day with a big blue sky, which is rare in WA for December.  We were standing on the deck overlooking the ocean...you could see Canada behind us.  He waited until the other hikers/tourists left and was about to propose I guess when another woman walked up.  He asked her if she would take a photo of us.  He placed me by the railing with Canada and the ocean behind me and walked to her pretending he was giving her camera instructions.  He then whispered "I'm about to pull an engagement ring out of my pocket."  He said she replied with "Are you serious"?  Haha.  He stood next to me for a moment then got down on one knee, pulled out the ring, and asked me to marry him.  She caught several photos of the moment.  It was priceless!!  Especially because we were in sweats, hiking boots, and santa hats. haha I was completely surprised!  I didn't even know he had picked out a ring. I LOVE my DH more than I ever thought I could love anyone. Thanks for letting me share!
  • On a small Caribbean island my husband and I ate dinner at an ocean side resort. We went for a walk after dinner and "Marry Me" was spelled out in lights in the sand. After accepting he took me to a private cabana with a private hot tub to spend a first blissful night as an engaged couple. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I was getting ready to leave for christmas Vacation from working in the dorms. I couldnt leave because I was on duty (I was a resident assistant) so DH brought pizza. We were watching TV and I farted and he jumped up, told me he didnt want me to be his girlfriend anymore, got down on one knee, said he wanted me to be his wife instead! I know totally not romantic, but it is totally us.
  • DH told me he was taking me away for the weekend for my birthday, but wouldn't tell me where.  We left the day before my birthday and took a ferry to Catalina Island.  When we checked into the bed and breakfast, they had a catered dinner waiting for us in the room with all my favorite foods.  (One of the managers of the B&B had parents who owned a restaurant and made all the food for us.)  After dinner as we sat and looked out over the ocean DH proposed.   He purposely did it the night before my birthday so it would be special and distinct from my birthday - he had presents for me the next day too.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We went to LA for the weekend so he could watch baseball. I had one request "to go to the beach at least 1 day". So Sunday morning we headed to Huntington Beach, only to find it covered with X-Games and vendors, etc. But we went and watched some x-games, got tons of free energy drinks and samples, walked the pier then headed back to the car. On the way back to the car we stopped to just relax on the beach and he proposed on the beach, toes in the sand and water! It was a complete surprise! I loved every minute of it....I guess he planned on proposing on the pier but then realized between the slats there were spaces and was worried he would drop the ring into the ocean. Well it's a good thing he changed plans because he did drop the ring into the sand!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • FalinyFaliny member
    Awe! My husband proposed while sledding outside, he said he had to grab some tic tacs from his car and came back, got on one knee and asked me. So cute and such a fun intimate time :-) Loved it!
  • We had been dating for 3 months... I drove down to GA from VA (where I was working at the time) and met him at the bar after work (his local). We had a few beers and he said, "So, I want to spend the rest of my life with you." Of course I reciprocated and then he said, "So, do you want to go shopping tomorrow?" I laughed and said, "Well, I have enough clothes alrea...." DUH! He was talking about ring shopping! He just shook his head... told me he was not picking out the ring that I had to wear for ages. So we went... and bought the first of my 4 engagement rings ( over a period of 5 years....I kept changing my mind - which he was quite happy to find amusing)... and eventually ended up with a star of a ring. However, knowing that I was marring the man of my dreams... it was quite perfect. I would have been happy with a piece of string.
  • We were on a family ski trip in Vermont 4 years ago, and my DH asked if I wanted to go back for one last run before the day ended.  His cousins all came up with us, and his little cousin asked if I would take it slower and go down with her.  DH went ahead with the older kids, and by the time I got down (I'm a slow skier to begin with lol).  When I finally reached the bottom, DH was kneeling on the ground holding out my ring, and his entire family was holding up this GIANT banner that he had professionally made...it said "Alie Will You Marry Me" with my name inside a heart :)  The whole mountain was there watching, it was just a perfect day that I'll never forget.

• My husband and I went back to the local amusement park where we had our first date.  After a long, fun day of rides, we were sitting by the carousel watching the lights come on when he proposed.

Married 08.19.06 ~ DS 9.30.11 ~ Baby #2 EDD 11.28.18

• We went to the beach for DH's birthday. We went on a walk on the beach and he told me that he wanted to draw me a picture in the sand but he didn't want me to see it right away (which is typical of him). I walked away down the beach, then he came and brought me back. He told me to close my eyes and when I opened them, I read "Will you marry me?" and he was down on one knee with the ring in his hand. Oh man, I started crying and jumping up and down saying Yes! Yes!. 
  • DH proposed in front of Niagara Falls where we shared our first kiss (L)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"