January 2012 Moms

Babies banned from 1st class airline

Wow! Can you believe this? I know which airline I won't be flying with!

https://www.todaysthv.com/news/article/163262/2/Todays-THV-at-Noon-Banning-babies-from-first-class 

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Married my love- May 10, 2008
Emergency surgery for ovarian torsion - October 2010
TTC November 2010 
BFP May 3, 2011!
Lathan Quinn born December 18, 2011
TTC June 2014 
BFP September 8, 2014! 
EDD May 15, 2015!

Re: Babies banned from 1st class airline

• I saw THAT!  I was like "seriously!?"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Well i guess I won't be flying to Malaysia anytime soon!!!   Wink
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Meh. This doesn't bother me.

I'm assuming the bulk of Malaysia Airlines flights take place overnight, and if bassinets won't fit into first class, I kind of agree with their decision. If I paid a ton of money to fly first class internationally, and there were parents in first class with a baby who wasn't able to sleep comfortably and cried, keeping the rest of first class awake, I wouldn't be a happy camper.

After TTC with IR PCOS:
    April 2011: Metformin 1500mg + Clomid 100mg + Ovidrel + Prometrium = BFP!
    Beta #1 at 14DPO: 197 Beta #2 at 18DPO: 1296
    At 40w6d, our Team Green surprise came by unplanned C-section and changed our lives forever!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ambs21ambs21 member
    imageJessiree:

Meh. This doesn't bother me.

I'm assuming the bulk of Malaysia Airlines flights take place overnight, and if bassinets won't fit into first class, I kind of agree with their decision. If I paid a ton of money to fly first class internationally, and there were parents in first class with a baby who wasn't able to sleep comfortably and cried, keeping the rest of first class awake, I wouldn't be a happy camper.

I completely agree.  You pay a lot of money for the relaxation of first class.  I would be really irritated to pay extra to listen to a baby cry.  I also wouldn't want to pay for first class to take a baby on a flight.  It's not likely to be relaxing for mom flying with a LO, so why pay more?!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Flying with babies happens to be hard enough... why move them from the 1st class (which they paid through the nose for) where it is more comfortable? Why is it okay to bother the coach passengers with a crying baby but NOT okay to bother 1st class...?

I have an idea. Lets put the crazy drunk guy who is loud & obnoxious & flirting heavily with the attendant, yeah, that one... let's put HIM in coach & see how he likes it!

(Really, last time I flew,  my mom & I had a baby each and there was, indeed a very disruptive man in first class, who had too much to drink, while my sweet brother slept quite peacefully on my chest)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I wouldn't WANT to take my baby in first class with me...I would feel way too much pressure to keep it quiet and would probably start crying if everyone was giving me evil looks for not being able to make it stop...

• Why don't they offer adult only flights and family friendly flights?  Seems a lot easier than starting a big to do b/c you are making babies second class :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic baby baby
  • ambs21ambs21 member

imageMrsSteelerTeacherLady:
    Why don't they offer adult only flights and family friendly flights?  Seems a lot easier than starting a big to do b/c you are making babies second class :(

I love this idea and think it is a perfect solution!

• imageambs21:

imageMrsSteelerTeacherLady:
    Why don't they offer adult only flights and family friendly flights?  Seems a lot easier than starting a big to do b/c you are making babies second class :(

I love this idea and think it is a perfect solution!

I second that! Good thinking!

• It's like asking "Why don't we ban tall people from coach?"

I flew internationally last year and for 15 hours, I had a very tall man behind me who kept kneeing me in the back. It was seriously worse than the toddler I had behind me on my way over (which was more annoying than it should have been to begin with because the mother never said a word to him when he kept stretching his legs straight into the back of my seat- even when I turned around numerous times). 

As annoying as it was, I know that he was probably even more uncomfortable than I was. The airlines cram as many people in as they can not caring for the comfort of their passengers, simply for the bottom dollar with the number of tickets sold.  

I will likely be flying to the same destination again sometime in either 2012 or 2013, and DH and I decided after our last trip that we will be saving up and flying either business class or first class. I cannot imagine trying to remain semi comfortable with a baby for that long in coach. Besides, why are the first class people any better than those in coach? Everyone pays for their ticket. Just because you have more money doesn't mean you are more entitled than those who don't. Sorry- but that's a real pet peeve of mine. *rant over* Smile

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Married my love- May 10, 2008
    Emergency surgery for ovarian torsion - October 2010
    TTC November 2010 
    BFP May 3, 2011!
    Lathan Quinn born December 18, 2011
    TTC June 2014 
    BFP September 8, 2014! 
    EDD May 15, 2015!
  • WOW! Good thing that it is not American Airlines, because I have a flight booked to Houston  in August and we are flying first class.
  • Wow! 1st class is the only way to fly with a child. We just got back from Fl and we flew 1st class with DS. It was amazing!! 
                     7/08, 1/12, 2/14, Due with baby #4  2/12/16 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • This doesn't bother me at all either.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is a bit off topic but I thought I'd share. I got really sick this last week and I ended up getting an ear infection. I have no memory of ever getting one before and let me tell you, IT HURTS. It truly felt like I was stuck on an airplane for over a day and I had no way to clear my ears. It made me really think about all the babies on planes and how they can't pop their own ears. Breaks my heart and makes me much more understanding to why a lot of babies get upset on planes. I would be crying too if I felt like that and didn't know what to do. Sad

Robin - CO Mod * RP & JHutch Lover * Hufflepuff
    <><
    Tizzle 10/07 ~ Boppy 7/09 ~ Chicken 1/12
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Books read in 2013: ~ Audiobooks listened to in 2013: 3
    Currently reading: The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon
    Currently listening to: The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Robin (jason&robin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf) image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"