Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Baby Farts

OMG I feel like I have the gassiest child around!  His farts seriously rival MH's and that is saying something.  I'm wondering if I should be giving him gripe water though - I can't tell if the gas is hurting him or not.  He sometimes gets super screechy and strains a bit but that's usually just for a minute or two.  And the farts seem to mostly come out with no problem.  What do you think?  I may call his pedi and ask.  I would hate to not be doing something that might help him out.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby Farts

• My DD also farts like a grown man! DH and I just laugh it off. She's never cranky or seems uncomfortable, so we chalk it up to being a gassy baby. If you're concerned, then a call to the pedi won't hurt anything, just soothe your worries/thoughts.

• my ped said that an occasional grunt due to gas is normal as long as they dont seem like they are in pain!

My LO pretty much farts all day and all night. 

If he is kinda gassy I sometimes run with his legs and it helps him get those farts out!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I know what you're saying about rivaling YH... DH now has someone to pass off his gas on.  DS farts loud and often!

I'm sure he's fine, though.  He only seems uncomfortable and fussy when he doesn't fart.  He just has the GI tract of a champion :) 

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• Lol, my LO rivals me, not my DH!  Poor kid, lol!  She's definitely my child with the gas, it runs in my family unfortunately...
  • vanfoxvanfox member

If he's grunting for a long while, gripe water might help get them out more easily, but seriously, that stuff can make the farts even worse! Little machine gun butts...

Good news is most babies get better at getting their gas out at around 3 months. Mine's not grunting and screeching so much anymore; he now knows the power of the SBD fart, especially when he's trying to get out of tummy time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi Gymnst!!  My DD has man-farts too...it makes us laugh so hard!  She squirms a little and farts a lot when she wakes up and stretches, but she doesn't ever seem to be in pain, so we don't do anything for it.  And oh my, they are smelly!
  • id say it sounds pretty normal as long as he doesnt seem bothered
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"