Detroit Babies

Shower hostess gift ideas

If you've had your shower, what did you give as hostess gifts?  I have four hostesses for my shower (mom, MIL, sister, SIL) and I'm stuck on the gifts for the mothers.  I think I'm going to do some Philosophy gifts sets for my sister and SIL.  My MIL already buys Philosophy products like it's Dial soap.

I was thinking about maybe giving picture frames to the mothers.  However, I know that the frame we gave MIL and FIL over five years ago for our wedding still sits empty, so I don't know if she would appreciate that.

TIA for any suggestions! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Shower hostess gift ideas

• I haven't had a baby shower but I gave most of the hostesses of my bridal shower bath products and a card that said something about hoping that they enjoy their shower as much as I enjoyed my bridal shower.  Kinda hokey but....it worked for me.  I got Pandora beads for my Mom and my Aunt.  It was a little more money but they did SO MUCH for us. 

Hope that helps! 

• I gave each of them one of my favorite books called "God's Promises for Everyday."  It has bible versus for almost every emotion (happy, sad, afraid, alone, confused, scared, etc.)  I love reading it as a pick-me-up.  I then typed up a super personal message (only because my handwriting is horrible) telling each of them how I felt about them as a friend.  It was very personal and emotional since I have been friends with these girls forever.
  • Loading the player...
  • I bought them flowers. 
  • I got them these really nice soy candles from Pacifica. But I got my MIL flowers....
    Come chat with other moms: www.metrodetroitmommy.com!
  • i'd be sure to make sure they don't have sensitive skin- although it being close family i'm sure you know this. i have horribly sensitive skin, so whenever i get bath products i give them away- i just cannot use them. not to offend anyone.. just can't use it. 

Personally, i love a beautiful bouquet or flowers. it's simple, not very expensive and a great way to say thank you. I wouldn't mind spending money, but i always feel uncomfortable when i get a gift from someone and know it was likely expensive. 

I have never had someone host a shower for me, so not sure what i'd personally give. the above are just items i have received. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My Mom and sister threw our shower, and I gave her a picture frame book, with a message saying that I will book our photographer for a family session whenever she chooses. 

We haven't had family photos done since I was in 4th grade, so she is very excited for the shoot next month, and even more pleased that I convinced my sister and her hubby to be included, so hopefully these pics are repeated every few years for our family.

for my sister, I got her $100 gift card to her favorite store, and some other small inside joke stuff.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Kara03Kara03 member
    I gave my hostess Coach wristlets from the outlet.  I also, though about getting them coach umbrellas.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"