Success after IF

Help me pick my kitchen cabinets

https://aristokraft.com/styles/room/gallery/?id=54&room=kitchen

Help me choose a color. Click on product detail, under available finishes, click on antique or white to see a photo of each example.

Should we go with antique or white? Is white too bright? Is the antique too yellow?

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Help me pick my kitchen cabinets

• Antique all the way! :)
    Health&Fitness Blog imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Our IVF miracles!
  • Tell me about the rest of the kitchen - floors? countertops? paint?

I am inclined to say antique, but need the whole vision first. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • imageemmyloustu:

Tell me about the rest of the kitchen - floors? countertops? paint?

this :)  but I'm more of a pure white sort of girl...i really want a white kitchen with soapstone counters :)
  • We have more of a traditional taste in style. Natural, earth tones, wood floors, and most likely we will go with a dark beige granite countertop. We are knocking out a wall to have a more open floor plan and the walls will have some wainescoting.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageJessandJeremy:
    We have more of a traditional taste in style. Natural, earth tones, wood floors, and most likely we will go with a dark beige granite countertop. We are knocking out a wall to have a more open floor plan and the walls will have some wainescoting.
    hmm...you could really go either way...i do feel like that particular antique white looks very yellowy to me...(which i don't dig)
  • imageJessandJeremy:
    We have more of a traditional taste in style. Natural, earth tones, wood floors, and most likely we will go with a dark beige granite countertop. We are knocking out a wall to have a more open floor plan and the walls will have some wainescoting.

I am a traditional girl as well. If you are going wood floors and beige with the counters, I would go antique with the cabinets for sure. I think pure white cabinets look best with a dark granite or a soapstone and a dark floor. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageMouseygail:
    imageemmyloustu:

this :)  but I'm more of a pure white sort of girl...i really want a white kitchen with soapstone counters :)
    ohhh I LOVE soapstone!!!

Diagnosed PCOS & MFI-Success with IUI
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We did bright white and I love love love them!! They always look crisp and clean. We did all of our wood work in crisp white as well. It looks sharp.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We had those cabinets in our last home.  We did the antique around the perimeter and a brown for the island.  we were very happy with them.  PM me if you want me to send you some pictures.  I'm going to be without internet for a day or two but can get them to you soon. 
  • It was saddle for the island (maple) with a venetian gold granite and a slate looking tile backplash.  
  • imageALY1981:
    imageMouseygail:
    imageemmyloustu:

ohhh I LOVE soapstone!!!

I love soapstone in theory - but in reality, I'm way too lazy for it.

Me: PCOs DH: Perfect!
    4 Fresh IVF cycles + 1 FET where embies didn't survive the thaw = 2 perfect little men!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    sFET 11/9/11 - Beta 11/18 BFP!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Personally, I prefer white to antique - but it sounds like antique would go better with your house. 
  • imageJessandJeremy:

If you are going with dark beige granite then I would say Antique White Cabinets then.  We have beige granite and dark cabinets and I don't like our cabinets.  We are going to have our cabinets painted/sprayed in the next few months and we are going with an Antique White look or like a tea-stained look.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"