Stay at Home Moms
Options

If you did diapers at bed/nap while PTing.....

When did you stop?

We tried the 3 Day Potty Training method with DD in February and failed big time.  Over the past 1-2 months, she has been pooping and peeing on the potty everyday and at the beginning of this week, we finally tried panties again.

She's doing great and has only had a couple accidents.  We are doing it the easy way this time and doing a diaper at night and during her nap but it is dry 90% of the time.  I think we might give it another week or so and if she is consitently dry when waking, we will ditch the diaper for good.

Do you think this is okay and what did you do?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: If you did diapers at bed/nap while PTing.....

• Options

I'd just wait until she was dry at naps 7 days in a row and then try underwear.  

For nighttime I waited until Parker told me she wanted to wear underwear at night.  I don't mind changing a wet bed in the middle of the day but I'll be damned if I'm losing sleep because I didn't want her in diapers at night anymore :D 

• Options

I probably could have ditched the pull up at nap/night sooner than I did because she was dry in the morning/after nap pretty much right away after we started potty training. By the time I noticed, and started counting the days, it was maybe a week or so and then we ditched them. Its gone really well for the most part. We had a week where she had quite a few accidents at night but I think she finally got the idea that she needs to get up and go even if she is in bed. Last week around midnight she came out of her room, went pee and then went back to bed, so things are coming around.

someecards.com - I love the sound you make when you shut up. Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's exactly the way we did it and it has worked out well.  Actually, she never has accidents at night now, it's always during the day when she's waited too long.  I think training ended up being harder during the day because there are so many distractions.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I gave it a week of her getting up and asking me to go potty during naps/waking up at night.

It happened about 2 weeks after PTing completely during the day.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We still haven't and DS has been potty trained for 15 months. He still wakes up wet about half the time and everything I've read says that nighttime potty training is not something you can teach. So we will just wait until he goes a few weeks straight with a dry pull up. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"