Trouble TTC
Options

Medication Question

Hey everyone. 

My mind is drawing a blank, and I can't remember what the procedure is called... but for the step right before IVF... Where you take all the meds to drop a bunch of eggs, and then you do the regular IUI.  Has anyone here done that?  If so, what are all the meds called that you took during the process.  I want to call my insurance and see if they cover the meds, if they do, I am going to do that next cycle instead of the regular IUI since we haven't had any luck.

Hope someone can help me.

Thank you!!

Re: Medication Question

• Options
    A medicated IUI?  There's all sorts of drugs they may use ... follistim, gonal f, menopur, ovidrel for trigger, bravelle, repronox. 

Sorry I'm not much help ... I only did IVF!

Our Journey to Brenden

IVF #1: 4/11(Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) 10 retrieved/8 mature and all 8 fertilized / 2 embies transferred ... nothing to freeze Beta 5/10 = BFN

IVF Take 2 Long Lupron July 2011

ER 7/3/11 (our 6th anniversary) - 8 retrieved/7 mature/fert ....ET 7/6/11 - 2 beautiful grade A 8 cell embryos

Beta 7/18/11 - 149!!! Beta 7/21/11 - 311 Beta 7/28/11 - 2,000 8/5/11 - Empty Sac 8/8/11 - There's a yolk sac and maybe a heartbeat 8/12/11 - Fetal pole, yolk sac, heartbeat 8/18/11 - Baby looks GREAT!
    3 babies waiting on ice

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I would just call them injectable fertility meds.  FSH = follicle-stimulating hormone...  or gonadotropins (sp?)?
    My feet and Miss Heidi the rescue mutt!

15 treatment cycles: four early m/c
    Moving forward with domestic infant adoption!

Home study approved 5/13, now just waiting...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you Kali Girl!  My insurance company covers all of those!  Waa hoo!  New hope for me! Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"