Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

It's like a punch in the gut

When we found out we were expecting, I joined the "What to Expect" website. I loved posting on the Dec 2011 month board and seeing what all the other future December mommies were going through. They send you emails of what's happening on the board every day, and I've been getting those since my mc a few weeks ago...I just delete them without opening. Today I went on to take that board off my "favorites" list so I'd quit getting these daily emails, and it was like a punch in the gut. To see everyone on this board so happy, reaching the end of their first trimester, making the big announcement, about to find out the sex, etc and knowing I don't get to be part of it sucks. Crying

I'm very thankful for this board and the support of all you ladies.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: It's like a punch in the gut

• delinodelino member
    Ugh...I know what you mean.  I have been deleting all emails that I get about pregnancy as quickly as possible.
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm sorry. I understand. Dec 2011 was the third board I had to leave. It's just so awful. ((hugs)) At one point in my grieving I realized that I was focusing on what I had lost, not what I had gained, or even what I needed. I need strength, hope, and serenity. Sometimes I have them. Sometimes not so much.  That's what this board is for. ((hugs again))

Edited: Addition: A coworker of mine is due two days before my Dec. due date. She is starting to look so adorable with her bump and it rips my heart out.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelotus88:
    I'm sorry. I understand. Dec 2011 was the third board I had to leave. It's just so awful. ((hugs)) At one point in my grieving I realized that I was focusing on what I had lost, not what I had gained, or even what I needed. I need strength, hope, and serenity. Sometimes I have them. Sometimes not so much.  That's what this board is for. ((hugs again))

Edited: Addition: A coworker of mine is due two days before my Dec. due date. She is starting to look so adorable with her bump and it rips my heart out.

You're so right! I try and keep a good perspective and outlook, but that was a toughie for me.

Oh goodness...I am very glad nobody at my office has a baby bump right now! It would rip my heart out as well...my bestie is due just days after I was, and it is tough to hear of her milestones. We will get our little ones too, Lotus! Thank you for all the hugs...they make me feel better Wink

• Pretty sure that's a rookie mistake we all made....I went back to my month board before I told them all goodbye and read several posts....stupid, stupid, stupid.  It did not go well.  I just have to accept I am not a September mommy.  I am a May mommy to a daughter in heaven.  And my place on the baby boards is now here....but I have great company (though I wish I had none). 

Hugs to you and I am so sorry for your loss. 

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"