3rd Trimester
Options

High Blood Pressure

I went for my 28 week and glucose screening this week, the nurse said that my blood pressure was high. My OB is having me collect my urine for a 24 hr test to see if I have protein in my urine. I don't have any headaches, blurry vision or anything and my LO seems to be fine her heartbeat is perfect and she is very active. Has anyone else had a 24 test done or hypertention? I have looked it up and it makes me nervous of all the complications, TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: High Blood Pressure

• Options
    I had problems with high bp and preeclympsia with my last pregnancy. They induced at 37 weeks and everything with delivery went well and baby was fine. 
  • Options
    My BP is always around 140/90 while pregnant - all 3 pregnancies. They had me do 24 hour urine collection at 24 weeks with DS #2 and DS #3 to get a baseline reading so they have something to go off of later in the pregnancies. There was no protein found. My blood tests came back fine too. No blurry vision or headaches. Nothing has come of my high BP for any of my pregnancies. They will watch you more carefully though. Don't stress until they actually give you something to stress about. They are just being cautious.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you for your response! Makes me feel alot better about it. I had looked up hypertention and got scared with all the problems it can cause..
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i had an episode of High bp about 2 weeks ago.  roughly 29 weeks.  All the labs came back fine though.  Weeks 28-29 i guess is when the large amount of blood volume comes in so my MW is thinking it just took a few days for my body to adjust.  My bp has come back to normal and i lost about 2 pounds, and the swelling improved a bit. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageJen&Peter:
    My BP is always around 140/90 while pregnant - all 3 pregnancies. They had me do 24 hour urine collection at 24 weeks with DS #2 and DS #3 to get a baseline reading so they have something to go off of later in the pregnancies. There was no protein found. My blood tests came back fine too. No blurry vision or headaches. Nothing has come of my high BP for any of my pregnancies. They will watch you more carefully though. Don't stress until they actually give you something to stress about. They are just being cautious.

same thing here. my blood pressure has been high, so I had to collect. my proteins and bloodwork all came back fine. don't be worried, just think of it as your doctor making sure everything is okay.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"