Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Just wondering...

I was thinking about making a post for the ladies on this board that have spiritual beliefs other then Christianity.

I'm NOT looking to exclude anyone based on their beliefs. I am a firm believer in there is no "One" religion or "Right" spiritual faith. But, as a pagan, I often feel somewhat uncomfortable or unsure about making comments relating to my spiritual path because I know that so many ladies here are Christian and I don't want someone to be offended or start "preaching" to me about my heathen ways.

Basically, I just thought it might be nice for the ladies who are agnostic, hindu, spiritual but not religious, pagan, atheist, whatever to know who else on this board might have the same ideas as them so they can find someone to more easily connect perhaps on that level.

Don't get me wrong. I know I greatly appreciate other's prayers or biblical words, I still have my bibles and find comfort in some of their words, but I would like to speak with others who have my same views as well without fearing a verbal hail storm.

Would anyone be greatly offended by this? Just asking. 

BFP 1: 3/25/11 -- m/c: 4/21/11 @ 9w 2d

imageimage

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Daisypath Wedding tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Semper Fi! - A proud female Marine

Re: Just wondering...

• I am a Christian and I would not be offended.  With that being said, however, there will still probably be some resistance (for lack of a better word) in some sort of way.  Since this is a public board, it would be silly to ask for only people with certain views to make comments and/or not share their opinions on things. 

Maybe it would be best to have a check-in of sorts with a certain title for the people who want to join.  What do you think?  That way, it could possibly create a safe haven, if you will, for those with similar non-Christian opinions.  I don't know...just a thought.

By the way, I appreciate your respect in this post for others with differing opinions.  Thank you!

Married my best friend ~ May 31, 2008
    Adopted our furbaby Kona ~ January 17, 2010
    Trying to grow our family ~ June 2010

1st BFP 7.6.10 ~ EDD 3.15.11 ~ mmc 8.6.10 ~ d&c 8.11.10
    2nd BFP 11.4.10 ~ EDD 7.15.11 ~ HB 6w3d ~ No HB 7w ~ mmc 12.8.10 ~ d&c 12.9.10
    3rd BFP 7.12.11 ~ EDD 3.22.12 ~ HB 6w5d 124 bpm ~ Team Green ~ 
    SHE STUCK!
    4th BFP 6.20.13 ~ EDD 3.1.14 ~ HB 7w5d 153 bpm ~ A/S revealed due date possibly 2.23
    *~*~*~*EXPECT MIRACLES*~*~*~*
    Praying for peace in God's ultimate plan ~ "Be still and know that I am God." -Psalm 46:10

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I wouldn't be offended, but you may want to put a disclaimer or warning in your post because it might be upsetting to some.
    BFP#1 7/09 DS born 3/30/10 BFP#2 5/11 M/C 6/11 BFP#3 9/11 M/C 10/11 BFP #4 5/20/12 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'll back you up if anybody is offended! I don't claim to be a part of a religion or even a spiritual path really, but I'm open and interested in other peoples' ideas. I've always been more comfortable around Paganism than Christianity, and I find more comfort in people telling me that they are sending positive thoughts energy my way than saying "I'll pray for you", though these could be similar in a way. I'd love to hear how those without a Christian background have learned to cope.
    EDD 9/28/2011, lost our little girl (pre-e/iugr) on 6/13/11 @24w5d
    EDD 3/12/2013, natural miscarriage on 7/18/12 @6w2d
    EDD 8/01/2013, D&C scheduled for 12/31/12 @9w4d
  • imagenidawi6:
    I'll back you up if anybody is offended! I don't claim to be a part of a religion or even a spiritual path really, but I'm open and interested in other peoples' ideas. I've always been more comfortable around Paganism than Christianity, and I find more comfort in people telling me that they are sending positive thoughts energy my way than saying "I'll pray for you", though these could be similar in a way. I'd love to hear how those without a Christian background have learned to cope.

This is what I was kinda thinking. Just sharing different views that might help others find different ways to handle their grief. 

BFP 1: 3/25/11 -- m/c: 4/21/11 @ 9w 2d

imageimage

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Daisypath Wedding tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Semper Fi! - A proud female Marine

• I think it's a great idea. I can't imagine why anyone would be offended and if they are, frankly, that's a shame for them. 

No one seems to be offended by the Christian centric posts and clearly not everyone here shares those beliefs. I know I don't and they don't bother me one bit. In fact, I think a lot of the poems and such are quite lovely.

This board exists to aid in coping after a loss and I feel whatever helps someone cope has a place here. As far as a warning is concerned, I think that's a little unnecessary. I don't see how someone else's beliefs could be offensive or upsetting to anyone else. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think it's a great idea! Even if people are christians different views on things don't hurt, it could even make their beliefs stronger!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I wouldn't take offense at all.  I'm technically catholic, but I'm a non-believer, so I guess I'm nothing?  I have no problem anyone else having any kind of faith or lack there of that they choose.
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • We are all bound together by common losses.  I am not offended by your views.  You can speak freely if you dont believe in God, or a Spiritual person.  And I can speak freely as a Christian..I think we have co existed here wonderfully.  If someone wants to send me positive energy..fine with me:)  I doubt anyone would object that I pray for them.  I see what your are saying..but I like that we are all together..know what I mean?   To each their own, I like everyone:)
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"