Success after IF
Options

Anyone else want another shot at being pregnant?

I've been thinking about this for awhile now and it kinda has me melancholy.

It took 2 and 1/2 years and IVF to get us pregnant.  Then, my pregnancy was complicated.  I ended up having to be airlifted to a major medical facility with a NICU at 27 weeks because I went into preterm labor.  I still have flashbacks about this.  I also had GD - they think maybe because I was on bedrest - which isn't much fun.

My labor and delivery was hard too.  I pushed for three hours and ended up having to have a c-section.  I lost a lot of blood and was heavily sedated, so I didn't get to hold my Babies right away and even hours after my c-section, I was incredibly tired and weak that my memories of it all are vague.  All of this is also why I wasn't on The Bump for quite awhile.

Please let me say that I am SO fortunate to have my healthy, happy Babies, so I just want to clarify that I know that.  I go into their room at night and still can't believe that they're mine sometimes.  I know that I'm lucky - I carried my Twins to 37 weeks despite all of the issues I had along the way.  I don't want anyone to think that I'm ungrateful.

I would love to have another baby someday - if I can get pregnant, that is.  It makes me sad to think that I may never have a normal conception or normal pregnancy or normal delivery.  I guess I thought that these feelings would subside and although they've gotten better, they're still there.  I thought time healed all wounds - guess not. 

Does anyone else feel this way?  I guess this is a vent.  Thanks for reading, if you've made it this far.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone else want another shot at being pregnant?

• Options

yes please!!  me, me, me! Big Smile

Man, you had a very scary pregnancy and delivery!  Mine wasn't nearly that dramatic, but I had my share of craziness...I keep hoping that a second time will be much more uneventful and that I can be much less worried this time since I had a successful, full term pregnancy despite lots of bleeding and PTL scares! 

• Options
    imageMouseygail:

Man, you had a very scary pregnancy and delivery!  Mine wasn't nearly that dramatic, but I had my share of craziness...I keep hoping that a second time will be much more uneventful and that I can be much less worried this time since I had a successful, full term pregnancy despite lots of bleeding and PTL scares! 

Thanks for validating my feelings!  It actually was quite cathartic to type that all out.  Hope you get another less eventful go around too!  Smile

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMouseygail:

Same here!I also just feel like I could appreciate it more the second time around now that I realize how awesome the payoff is.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMouseygail:

Same here!I also just feel like I could appreciate it more the second time around now that I realize how awesome the payoff is.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I feel the same way. While my experience was not as scary as yours, I feel that I missed out on so much with what it took to get pregnant and how my DS was born. I know that I am blessed, but sometimes I wish things could have been a little different.

IVF to get pregnant - I am sad that we didn't have that moment when I take a HPT and announce to my DH "We are having a baby!" Everything was so medical and stressful.

Pregnancy - Overall I was very lucky during my pregnancy.  No morning sickness, no GD and very few food issues.  But than there was the weight gain - I gained 62 pounds and was so swollen there was nothing cute or glowing about me. I felt so gross while pregnant there are very few pictures of me.

Delivery - I was diagnosed with Placenta Previa at 19 weeks so I knew that I was going to have a c-section.  So there were no birthing classes, no waking up my DH in the middle of night saying "it's time", no contractions and no teamwork with my DH in the delivery room.

I know this sounds like a pitty party, but these are things that I always expected to experience and they didn't happen.

Long story short, you are not alone.  

TTC since 10/06 - Went to RE after 6 months of TTC due to AMA -Diagnosed with MIF 5/07, only option IVF with ICSI - IVF #1 cancelled due to cyst, never got to ER - IVF #1.5 10/07, BFP - Robert Andrew born 7/30/08 Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yep.  The stress of high risk pregnancy and pre term labor is just awful during pregnancy, but I'm crazy enough to want to try again.  Feeling the kicks and seeing that healthy baby at the end of the road is worth it.  Good luck to you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Me!!!  We lost twins due to IC in 2009, I had to have a permanent cerclage placed before we did IVF for DS.  I had GD during pregnancy and had to deliver via c-section at 36 weeks (due to the worry about uterine rupture).  I have been told that if I get pregnant again I need to deliver at 35 weeks b/c my uterus is very thin and they do not want to worry about pre-term labour/uterine rupture again.

We have moved back home and IVF would be OOP with new doctors etc. so we have decided not to try again due to the high risk nature of my pregnancy.

That makes me sad since I wanted DS to have a sibling and I wanted to try for a little girl.

• Options

ME!!!

It took us 2 years, 4 fresh cycles to get pregnant.  I was beyond paranoid the entire pregnancy.  I was blessed to have a complication free twins pregnancy and finally started to relax at around 36 weeks.

The delivery was so so hard.  I pushed for 4 hours and wound up with a c section.  I also lost a ton of blood and didn't get to meet my babies until they were 6 hours old.  I do not remember them being born at all... b/c I was drifting in and out of conciousness and puking.  All I remember is getting the horrible shakes in post op recovery (where I stayed for almost 20 hours).

So hugs, I think I know exactly how you feel.

Me: PCOs DH: Perfect!
    4 Fresh IVF cycles + 1 FET where embies didn't survive the thaw = 2 perfect little men!
    sFET 11/9/11 - Beta 11/18 BFP!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    You guys are awesome!  I have tears in my eyes because I felt so alone before.  I felt guilty for feeling this way.  I hate that others have had to deal with these sorts of things too, but I don't feel so bad for thinking this way anymore.  I'm so glad that I finally made this post.  Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"