3rd Trimester

it's amazing how much difference 20lbs can make!

with DD i ganed 40lbs and was so out of control uncomfortable at this point.  with this one, i've only gained 20lbs and feel pretty good!  i didn't realize how much of a difference 20lbs could make!  i went through the last half of my 2nd tri and my 3rd tri through the winter with DD and i think that makes a huge difference in weight gain.  so glad this pregnancy goes through the summer!!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: it's amazing how much difference 20lbs can make!

• i agree. but the opposite - i gained 40 with  my first  one and felt GREAT. I gained 18 lbs with my second one and was miserable because my skin felt so tight and every kick felt like he was ripping my skin. =/

• imagekjg5445:
    i agree. but the opposite - i gained 40 with  my first  one and felt GREAT. I gained 18 lbs with my second one and was miserable because my skin felt so tight and every kick felt like he was ripping my skin. =/

i never thought of it that way! Smile

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekjg5445:
    i agree. but the opposite - i gained 40 with  my first  one and felt GREAT. I gained 18 lbs with my second one and was miserable because my skin felt so tight and every kick felt like he was ripping my skin. =/

This is happening for me too. I can't believe how tight my belly is and how much the girls hurt when they kick. It could be that there are two of them too but I am 20 lbs lighter with twins than I was with my DS. No padding ha ha

• "raises hand"
    I gained 42 with my DD (stopped keeping track at that point) was induced at 41 weeks and 6 days and honestly do not know what I weighed!

This time I am up 20 and will put on a few more before all is said and done but yes, HUGE difference in terms of what I look like but painful kicks, jabs and WAY more sensitivity all over the belly and lower region for that matter. Lots of scar tissue but wow, I feel like I am being a baby sometimes but I am SO much more sensitive!

• ITA! I had pretty severe GD with my last pregnancy and I gained a lot of weight. My back and my feet always hurt and I was exhausted. I put on at least 40 lbs. I stopped counting at some point.

This time, I've kept active and watched my diet closely, and I fought of GD! I'm only up between 13-15 lbs. My back feels great and I'm sleeping like a baby compared to when I was pg with DS. I do agree with the PP's though, kicks and movement inside of me is SO much more painful. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"