2nd Trimester

Feeling sorry for myself

Feeling sorry for myself today, but I promised myself I would vent one more time and then get over it so here goes:

My job is crazy, I am a new manager with tons of new responsibilities. Stress.

I have plancenta previa which is not a huge deal right NOW, but my husband and I can't have sex. Stress, because that is usually a stress reliever for me!

I would like to go and have a bottle of wine with my friends, and that's just been bothering me lately that I can't enjoy a nice cocktail. Less time out with friends, Stress.

I am just feeling old, not fun, tired, and so over it. And I am only 20 weeks pregnant!

I don't want to hear I should be happy and grateful- I have a child, I know that she is the light of my life, and that this one will be, too. I am just having a moment. Ok. Over it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Feeling sorry for myself

• sweetie, everyone feels like crap every once in awhile! you go ahead and vent! i know how you feel im 17 weeks and i feel like im at 30 weeks! take a nice warm bubble bath when you get off work and relax!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersimage Photobucket
  • I don't understand why people don't just let us have a $itch fest every now and then.  Even though we are pregnant and are beyond thrilled to be having a little one, doesn't mean we don't miss doing/drinking/eating the things we did before. 

Oh what I would do for a bottle of red wine right now... or even a Miller Lite.  More power to you!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I know how you feel! Sometimes I just wanna be able to drink a beer, but all I get is bottled water :(. It makes me feel better to go get ice cream or some other dessert. I never see my friends anymore since they are all single and still party. Go get a pedicure or manicure or something else for yourself! Vent all you want, you are pregnant :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • im sorry you are having a bad day :/ if it makes you feel any better i gained 10lbs this past month! LOL!

but i know what you mean about wanting a drink and a little relaxation. my go to relaxation these days is turning off the lights in the bathroom, lighting a few candles and taking a long shower...when i say long i mean until the hot warm runs out. lol! if i had  a bathtub i would totally go that route!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • I hear you, hon.  I told my husband pregnancy is a love/hate situation.  I am over the moon about creating a wonderful little girl and think it's fantastic to have her coming in a few months; however, the swelling, weight gain, acne, hormones, not being able to drink, etc. is not fun sometimes.  My best friend just had a baby a couple of months ago, and her husband said last night at dinner he had a drink every night while she was pregnant just to shove it in her face.  what a jackass, right?!  It's hard enough watching everyone around you enjoy things on their terms but to show off you're able to drink EVERY night, is just a crap move.  I love her husband too (we've all been friends for over 15 years), but I wanted to smack him. 

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Its ok... everyone needs to vent and not always just once. I was feeling sorry for myself this morning before I even opened my eyes. Mine is mostly b/c of inlaw issues and having to face them (the people, of course not the issues) this weekend. But yesterday was a I would have a glass of wine if I could day. I am not a drinker, but it seems when I can't have it I seem to want it more. Maybe pregnancy makes me less rational. I'm not sure. I really have nothing to feel sorry for myself for when I really look at the blessings God has provided. I still do. This morning I decided I was going to take a much needed dip into the lords word. Best of luck. I hope you feel better!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This is my first, I'm 21 weeks pregnant, and I'm still adjusting to all that I've given up. I have a low-lying placenta so sex is off limits for me too.

I'm so sick of hearing "it will be worth it in the end". I know this... DH and I wouldn't have tried for a baby if we didn't think she is "worth it". Sometimes, it's nice to hear that someone else feels the same.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"