Parenting after a Loss
Options

Crying/fussing while trying to poo :(

DD2 is crying when she tries to poo :( I think solids are making her a little constipated but she still seems to be pooing plently. She's only had banana & sweet potato so far... I guess prunes are going to be the next food.

Or could it be something else?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
4 losses (cp Feb 28 09, mc April 9 09 (5w5d), mc Aug 10 09 (7w1d), d&c Apr 12 10 (grew to 6w3d, mc confirmed at 8w5d). RX: Overies PCOS (hormones normal) & Balanced Translocation of Ch. 7 & 13 (40-50% mc risk)

Cooking Blog

Re: Crying/fussing while trying to poo :(

• Options
    When we first started solids LO got majorly constipated- and all we were doing was avocado and pears and a little sweet potato.  So we gave her pureed prunes every day if she didn't poop or if it was really hard.  I even had to do a suppository once or twice to help her.  I would bet it's just her being constipated and nothing more. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Bananas are naturally binding. When we started with solids I alternated between prunes and pears to help things flow.
    Marie, wife to Ron, mom to DS
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Bananas are evil!  Try prunes and the Pedi told me to give L 2 oz of prune juice twice a day when he was having an especially long period between poos.

Sometimes I mix prunes and pears....apparently, anything with a P should make things flow.

Stay away from the BRAT....Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast, all cause constipation.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageTravelinMama:
    Bananas are naturally binding. When we started with solids I alternated between prunes and pears to help things flow.

This. I learned about bananas the hard way and so did A. Prunes and/or pears are part of her daily diet

• Options
    imageJacquiemark:

imageTravelinMama:

This. I learned about bananas the hard way and so did A. Prunes and/or pears are part of her daily diet

All this exactly! 

• Options

Guess im out to the grocery store for the 2nd time today. Its a holiday here tomorrow so nothing will be open.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    4 losses (cp Feb 28 09, mc April 9 09 (5w5d), mc Aug 10 09 (7w1d), d&c Apr 12 10 (grew to 6w3d, mc confirmed at 8w5d). RX: Overies PCOS (hormones normal) & Balanced Translocation of Ch. 7 & 13 (40-50% mc risk)

Cooking Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"