Infertility
Options

? for anyone who has done antagonist protocol

At what point did they add your ganirelix (or other antagonist med)?  How large were your follies? 

The reason I am asking is that today I had my monitoring appt (day 7 of stims) and I only have one follie measuring over 11 - it's 14mm.  The rest are still under 11 - a couple are 10's and there are a couple 8's or 9's.  I know they don't want one to get far ahead of the others though, but they also want the others to continue to grow. 

They will be calling sometime in the next hour or two with my E2 level and instructions, but I was just curious as to anyone's experience.  TIA!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ? for anyone who has done antagonist protocol

• Options
    Hi there, I have done antagonist a few times and I usually start ganirelix around day 4 or 5 of stims... However.. that being said compared to your stats I stim much faster and always have VERY high E2 levels.  I think around the time I add ganirelix in my follies start to measure around 13 or so.  I hope this helps.  Good luck!
    ***SAIF & PAIF Welcome***

TTC since November 2008; me - poor egg quality,hypothyroidism,missing beta 3 integrin;
    DH - some MFI;

1 month clomid plus timing - BFN;
    3 months clomid + IUI - BFN BFN BFN

IVF #1 Nov/Dec 2009 - BFP - c/p;
    IVF #2.1 Jan 2011 - Converted to IUI - BFN;
    IVF #2.2 March/April 2011 - ER 3/23/11: 12 retrieved, 8 mature, 3 fert-ET 3dt 3/26/11: 3 embies - BFN;
    IVF #3 May 2011 - ER 5/19/11: 20 retrieved, 10 mature, 9 fert-ET 5dt 5/24/11 3 embies - BFN;
    Switched RE's for IVF #4 (CCRM) Oct 2011 - Surprise BFP before starting IVF #4!
  • Options

imagekm0426:
    Hi there, I have done antagonist a few times and I usually start ganirelix around day 4 or 5 of stims... However.. that being said compared to your stats I stim much faster and always have VERY high E2 levels.  I think around the time I add ganirelix in my follies start to measure around 13 or so.  I hope this helps.  Good luck!

Thanks for your reply.  My E2 has been slow rising.  So I am not surprised my follies aren't that big yet.  I was hoping for more over 11 today though.  I am mainly worried about that one being so far ahead of the others.  Guess I'll see what they say when they call. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I added it after 6 days of stims.  I had follies, but I'd have to go check my notes to see how many.  This cycle I'm doing lupron protocol.

Our Journey to Brenden

IVF #1: 4/11(Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) 10 retrieved/8 mature and all 8 fertilized / 2 embies transferred ... nothing to freeze Beta 5/10 = BFN

IVF Take 2 Long Lupron July 2011

ER 7/3/11 (our 6th anniversary) - 8 retrieved/7 mature/fert ....ET 7/6/11 - 2 beautiful grade A 8 cell embryos

Beta 7/18/11 - 149!!! Beta 7/21/11 - 311 Beta 7/28/11 - 2,000 8/5/11 - Empty Sac 8/8/11 - There's a yolk sac and maybe a heartbeat 8/12/11 - Fetal pole, yolk sac, heartbeat 8/18/11 - Baby looks GREAT!
    3 babies waiting on ice

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options

imageKaliChick:
    I added it after 6 days of stims.  I had follies, but I'd have to go check my notes to see how many.  This cycle I'm doing lupron protocol.

Thanks hun.  I was hoping you'd reply.  If you have a moment to check your notes I'd appreciate it. 

I did long lupron the first time, my RE wanted to change things up since I only ended up with 1 to transfer.  Was going to do the micro-dose, but then with the lupron shortage I ended up on antagonist.  I don't know now.  Starting to stress that things aren't going that great.  UGH!!!

• Options
    I was 8 days, but it's because the clinic was closed for Memorial day, so should have been 7 days! When they measured me, the majority of my follies were over 14mm. I then took it until day 10, and triggered.
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • Options

I started the antagonist on my 7th day of stims in the morning, but had they been open for monitoring the day before, I probably would have started it the night before. My largest follie was 15mm when I started it, and if I remember correctly, I had another at 14mm and everything else was lagging a good deal behind. Good luck!

ETA: If it's at all helpful to you, in the sidebar of my blog (link in siggy), I have my stats from this past cycle outlined day-by-day.

IUIs #1-3 (1x unmedicated, 2x Clomid) = 2 BFNs, 1 m/c at 7w3d
    IUIs #4-6 (injects) = 3 BFNs
    IVF #1 = BFN
    FET #1 = BFN
    FET #2 = BFN
    IVF #2 = BFP, b/g twins lost at 20w due to partial abruption/PPROM
    IVF #3 = c/p 5w2d
    Long-shot Clomid/Prednisone cycle before next IVF = BFP, our beautiful, healthy girl born 6/26/13!
    ~~
    TTC again March 2014
    FET #3 - May/June 2014
    -
    all embryos arrested before xfer - back to the drawing board...
    IVF #4 - July/August 2014 
    beta 1 (11dp3dt) 220, beta 2 (13dp3dt) 671, beta 3 (19dp3dt) 10762
  • Options
    imageblueberries8:

I started the antagonist on my 7th day of stims in the morning, but had they been open for monitoring the day before, I probably would have started it the night before. My largest follie was 15mm when I started it, and if I remember correctly, I had another at 14mm and everything else was lagging a good deal behind. Good luck!

ETA: If it's at all helpful to you, in the sidebar of my blog (link in siggy), I have my stats from this past cycle outlined day-by-day.

Thanks for your info.  I checked out your blog, sounds like you had a really great response.  I hope that things work out for you this cycle!!

My response has not been so great, I did start ganirelix this afternoon, but when the nurse called she said the RE doesn't think things look promising.  I will go back in for another check on Saturday, but since they don't count anything under 11mm, all I have right now is one maturing egg.  They may end up canceling my cycle.  Guess I'll know more in 2 days. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"