2nd Trimester
Options

work while pg and LO at home

I have a 19 month old at home and another baby boy due mid october. i recently picked up another 9 hour day at work and only see my kiddo 3x a week since he spends the days i work with his father. i feel extremely guilty that i dont spend enough time with ds and have decided he needs as much time with me as he can get before his brother arrives. who thinks i am right in my decision to drop the extra work day to spend with my kiddo? has anyone else been faced with these feelings?
pregnancy due date Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: work while pg and LO at home

• Options

I know exactly how you feel.  It does get easier over time.  Going back to work was hard with my DD, she is now 4 and it's gotten a bit easier to leave her every day, but I wish I could afford to be a SAHM.  Very excited when I have this new LO to be home all day with both of them...

It's normal to feel guilty but don't beat yourself up over it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagesilivren:

I know exactly how you feel.  It does get easier over time.  Going back to work was hard with my DD, she is now 4 and it's gotten a bit easier to leave her every day, but I wish I could afford to be a SAHM.  Very excited when I have this new LO to be home all day with both of them...

It's normal to feel guilty but don't beat yourself up over it.

This! But to answer your question (and this is just me personally) because I have to share DS with his biological as well, I would drop the extra work day. They grow up so fast and especially with your little one being so young and welcoming baby number 2, I think he would definitely benefit from the extra time with you. Afterall, it's only a matter of time before your schedule will be busy with LO and then when your first starts school etc etc, it may seem very far in advance but time flies by! I can't believe DS is going to be 7 right after LO is born...and he has always been a Mama's boy...now he's into sports and has homework....what I'd give to go back in time and slow down a bitSmile

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I too often have to pick up extra shifts to try and save $ for maternity leave for #2. In your situation, sounds like you still get a bit of time to spend with your LO. Also, the fortunate part is that LO still gets to spend time with her father, which also is important. If it's just an occasional extra shift, don't beat yourself up over it. Unfortunately we still have to do what we need to support our family.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    As a SAHM I can't really relate. But I always tell my friends, be it they are deciding to go back to work or not, or cut back hours, if you can trim your budget so that you can spend more time with your kids that's ALWAYS the right decision. DH and I did a LOT of budget trimming and tightening so I could be a SAHM and it's been worth it. I don't miss material things, or dinners out, or new cars, but I would miss out on a million little moments with DD. Follow your heart but make sure you trim your budget accordingly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"